20. She Isn't Any Girl

Start from the beginning

"Inaya?" He shouted from the door. I ran towards it.

"Hey! Sorry I- I was just-" just what? Why am I suddenly being awkward? What's wrong with me? "Please come in!" I said standing aside to let him in.

"Thanks." He said coming in with slow steps as his eyes observed me but his lips seemed sealed after the ritualistic thanks.

We stood their in an awkward moment.

"I-"

"I will get you water." I said dashing into the kitchen as if my I forgot my favourite banana cake in the oven and it burned terribly.

My hands grabbed the slab of the kitchen immediately as I took a deep breath to steady myself. Why am I panicking? He might not even be angry and it just be my over delusional mind which is spiked up since the day I started reading more steamy novels than normal people do, all because I was too bored of my recovery period. In my defense, I also started working from home two weeks after I came from hospital and I'm starting office tomorrow. I-

"Inaya? Are you okay?" Abhi asked, his voice too close to be coming from the living area. I abruptly turned around just in perfect time to twist my ankle. "Aaouch!"

"Shit!" He said immediately launching for my ankle as I raised my twisted feet. "Who asked you to turn so quickly? How much more careless can you be Inaya? You have been suffering concussion symptoms and you didn't feel the need to inform me even when you came for regular check ups. I agree I was out for business but that doesn't make your health any less of a priority for me!" He said and twisted my feet as it hurt less. No! It hurt more. I realised I was sobbing now.

"Inaya? Why are you crying? I'm sorry I was just too tensed about your health. I won't scold you again. Please don't cry it hurts." He said cupping my face gently.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you while you were on such an important trip. I thought it was just a post effect of the accident and I will eventually recover. I didn't realise I have forgotten such a significant part of my birthday. I'm so so sorry I let you down. I know you are mad at me. It's fine if you don't want to be with a amnesiac per-"

"Kya kya apne dimaag mein bharkar bethi hain aap." He said immediately pulling me into his chest as his arms circled around me.

"Inaya? Agar aap iss dil par bandook rakh kar bhi puchengi toh yeh Ishq aapke liye kum nahi hoga. I have accepted you as my everything. A mere accident which involved you to catch my brother's culprit won't even begin to waved my love for you. Tell me. Are you reading too many romance novels?" He asked teasingly.

"Just thoda sa!" I said showing my thumb and index fingure at a little distance from each other as I broke apart.

He started laughing and hugged me again. "Pagal ladki!" He said.

Time skip

Ishika's POV

"Jiju ab toh batao hum kahan jaa rahe hain!" I have started whining by now since no one's telling me anything and it's so frustrating.

"You know Ishika patience is one of the highest virtues of a doctor. Let's test how eligible you are to be a doctor." He said looking at me through the front mirror.

"You shouldn't blackmail me in the name of doctors." I said crossing my arms as I sat back defeated.

"Kum se Kum mujhe toh batao. Mere liye thodi na surprise hai!" Di said. But I know he won't tell her. I will blackmail the truth out of her. Perks of knowing her secrets.

"Not at all! I know how sneaky she is. She will threaten the truth out of you. I'm not letting that happen. We are almost there. If you both don't keep quiet I will leave you both here and you can walk to the place."

"Aap mujhe yahan chhod ke chale jaayenge?" Di asked with her "now you are done for real" voice.

"N- nahi mein toh mazak kar raha tha. Mein aapko chhod ke kahan hi jaaunga."

I decided to dodge off their bickering for now and calculate all the possible places they might be taking me to. A botanical garden? Went there too many times. Movie? Doesn't look like a big surprise. Shopping? Yeah that might be since the wedding is approaching. Is there any other show near-

My eyes slowly absorbed the surrounding. The car stopped infront of a building. The concert hall. I suddenly recalled Aryan mentioning about a concert the last week we were bickering over how too much coffee is bad for him.

Is he- No it's just a casual concert day and nothing else. Why would I put too much though into a simple day out. Wait do I look good? Is this white cordset with off shoulder corset too revealing? Or too dull? I don't know. Will he like-

"Ishu? Are you even listening?" Di asked from across the glass pane. She has already stepped out of the car.

"Yeah- yeah what happened." I asked unsure as to what I had to say.

"I have been calling you since five minutes. Come out! The concert starts in 10 minutes! Hurry up!" She said. It's going to be something unexpected.

Aryan's POV

"Everything's set! The screen goes down in 10 seconds. Be ready!" One of the backstage worker said. I'm more than ready. This is going to be the best concert of my life.

I turn to look at Annie, our supporting vocalist and rapper, who gives me thumbs up. I took a deep breath.

The screen split to let the array of lights enter into my vision. A sea of audience screaming and shouting my name.

"Aryan! Aryan! Aryan!"

I walked forward swiftly and held the mic tightly.

"This one is for you." I said as my gaze landed on her. Suddenly all the lights dimmed and the sounds started humming in the background. All I could see is her.

Author's note: I genuinely insist you guys I hear this song and proceed to the next part so you can feel every emotion.

"Tuhi yeh mujhko bataa de, chahun mein ya naa..." I extended the last note as the concert had either fallen silent or my ears don't seem to hear anything except my own heartbeat. My eyes didn't shift from her eyes for a second. It's as if I was standing in front of her and there was so no one else around us. Her eyes said she was proud, proud of me. I smiled relieved that my decision isn't wrong.

"You okay? She isn't the only girl in the concert and you have been looking at her as if the entire concert had burned into flames and nothing else is in sight. And what's with your sunshine smile?" Mihir asked turning his and my mic off for a moment.

"I'm smiling, smiling at her because she isn't any girl in the concert. She is the girl I'm in love with." I said without turning back as she mirrored my smile. This is it.

______________________________________

Hey lovelies!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm as excited for the next chapter as you guys are. So please don't forget to vote for Arika🙈🫂✨

~your someone