ten

"Uh, what's this?" I asked, grabbing a box from Stefan. Elena stood next to him, holding his hand. They are officially back together. But she gets a text and leaves.

"Just some jewellery that has vervain in it. If you wear it, a vampire can't compel you. The bracelet is yours but the rest you can give to friends." He finishes. I eye Stefan, confused.

"Thanks Stefan. I really appreciate it. But you know I can't be compelled, right?" I chuckle.

He furrowed his brows. "Oh, I forgot. Why though?"

"Apparently I have ju-ju in me." I twirl my fingertips, pretending magic was shooting out of them.

"Huh?" He said, not getting the joke.

"Magic. I meant magic." I purse my lips.

"Really? Are you a witch?" He wonders.

"That's the thing. I don't know. I don't think I am, but weird things keep happening to me that I can't explain. So I just say I'm crazy." I smiled.

"I'll try and look into it for you."

"Thanks Stefan." I give a warm smile to Elena as they walk away. I close my door, the box in hand.

I sit on my bed and open the box. I pull out a bracelet and a necklace. It was a simple chain with a few diamonds on it--probably fake but I appreciated it. I also pulled out a necklace, the same design but with green stones on it.

I put the bracelet in my jewellry box before wrapping up the necklace. I was going to give it to Caroline later.

A thud is heard from my room. My eyes went up, landing on Damon. My half smile disappeared immediately. He shoots me a smirk as I stand up.

"Did you miss me?" He pouted.

"What makes you think that I did?" I give him a sarcastic smile, slipping my backpack onto my back.

"Look, I know you're mad about the little field trip I took with Elena, but I'm here to tell you. No worries. It was purely platonic." Damon followed me downstairs.

Everyone already left for school, not bothering to wake me up to tell me I was going to be late. Oh well, I don't care. But I was in quite a rush and not interested in Damon's patheticness.

I begin packing my lunch. "Seriously, Damon. I don't care."

I open a cabinet but he grabs my hand roughly. He turns me around to face him. He does his miserable eye thing, looking at me in confusion.

"Is there something I'm missing?" He asked.

My eyes advert to our hands. I snatch my hand away. I look at him up and down, gritting my teeth. I feel nothing for him anymore. Those small sparks are gone. I'm glad.

"You aren't missing anything, I just don't like you." I roll my eyes at him. "Just give up, Damon. I'm sorry, but things will not work out between us." I walk around him.

"You'll regret that." He growled.

"I won't!" I waved behind me before closing the door.

When I hopped into my car, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

30 minutes later, I arrived at school. It was lunch time so I'm pretty sure I was in the all clear. I am walking by Caroline as she admires the necklace I gave her. She happily accepted it.

"It's so cute! God. It'll literally go with everything. What's the occasion?"

"Well you're my best friend, so why not?" I lied. I didn't want to tell her there was vervain in the necklace since she didn't even know about vampires yet. I've never had the heart to tell her.