nine

The rest of my night was restless. Her face roamed around my mind. When Stefan told me they were doppelgängers, I didn't really believe him. I didn't want to. But now I believe him.

My phone rings, making me jump a little. I feel so paranoid now. Katherine has such an evil vibe to her. It made me feel uncomfortable.

"Hello?" I get up and grab a towel.

"Hey Angelina, it's Stefan. Did Elena come home last night?"

I walked across the hall to her room. Taking a peek inside, I noticed her bed was still perfectly made and nothing looked like it had moved.

"I don't think so. Why? What happened?" I asked, walking back into my room.

"It's just a misunderstanding. Look, if she contacts you, could you ask her to answer my calls? I'm going to Bonnie's to look for her."

"Yeah, okay. Stefan, I need to talk to you. Quickly stop by before you go to Bonnie's." I hung up the phone.

Right as I finish getting ready, the doorbell rings. I already knew who it was. Without greeting Stefan, I grab his hand and pull him upstairs to my room.

"What's this about?" He asked impatiently.

"Look. I know you're worried about Elena." I pause for a second. "I saw Katherine."

His face changed to one of urgency. "Wait what? When? Did Elena call you?"

I shook my head. "No. I saw her in a dream last night. It was so weird. I was being chased by lots of vampires, then I saw her. It took me a while to figure out and remember it was Katherine."

Stefan pursed his lips.

"Stefan, why are they Doppelgängers?"

"Because they look alike?"

"No, not that. Why. Why are they doppelgängers? Not for their looks but how they are doppelgängers."

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I squinted.

"It means I don't know. I don't know if there's any relation down the line, or if it's a coincidence. I'm looking into it. For now though, I need to go find Elena. Damon took her."

A nasty feeling in my stomach rises. "What does Damon want from her?" I asked, worried about my sister.

"Whatever the case is, it definitely had to do with his plan to bring back Katherine. That's why all those accidents have been happening. He doesn't care about anyone else. I'm sorry, Angelina." He spoke softly.

I laughed, making his soft smile disappear. "And why should I care?" I said coldly.

"I was just saying that, he can't change."

"I really don't care." I smiled. I did in fact, not care.

Of course. Damon was still smitten with Katherine. Who also looked the exact same as Elena. Meaning, he must be attracted to Elena by default in some sick way.

I felt disgusted as I frowned.

"I'll help you find Elena. Come on." I said as he followed me out of the house.

We drove to school since it was a school day. One that I may have skipped. It didn't take long to find Bonnie walking through the halls.

"Oh, hey." Bonnie greeted us both.

I muttered a quick hey. "I haven't seen you around lately. How are you doing with everything?" Stefan said to her.

"I'm fine." She reassured.