thirteen

I didn't tell Damon what I saw. I don't think I ever will.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the vision I had that day. I've probably been acting off since, but I really can't help it.

I grab the book, grimoire if I must call it, out of my drawer. I blow it a few times before placing it on my desk. As the dust falls off and spreads throughout my room, I cough, hitting my chest repeatedly.

I take one last deep, shaky breath and open the book. Its pages are thick and ancient, filled with symbols and strange words written in black and red ink. With a paranoid mind, I scan the pages.

I lean back in my chair, a deep sigh escaping my throat. Why bother reading a grimoire I can't even understand?

"What language is that anyway?" I mutter, bringing my knees to my chest. I tap my fingers anxiously. I need to find out more.

I start flipping through the grimoire, hoping I'll find something that is of worth to me. I scan through a page, not finding anything that might help me understand.

I grabbed the page, but quickly retracted my hand with a gasp. Just a dumb paper cut. I reach over to the book to grab a tissue since it was bleeding.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath, watching blood drip onto the ancient paper. I bolt into the bathroom to grab a cloth. It isn't even my grimoire, and there I go staining it with my own blood.

With a cloth in one hand, my free will in the other, I waltz into my room. The sight in front of me widened my eyes, the air leaving my lungs.

There was the grimoire, hovering in the centre of the room, emanating an eerie red glow. The words on its pages seemed to pulse with a life of their own, as if beckoning me to uncover the secrets within.

My heart rate is skyrocketing. I mean, what the hell? A book, not so innocent looking, is floating in the middle of my room.

I hesitantly stepped towards the magic inhabiting my room. I have to admit though, it looks magnificent in person. I walked through the magic. The feeling was electrifying. I think I could feel it running through my veins. It just felt.. right.

The redness of the magic intensifies the more I walk through it. Little particles of it were sticking to me.

And finally, I'm face to face with the book. I look closely and I scowl, surprised while looking at the pages.

It's in English. I gasp in awe. I grab the grimoire from the air. As I do, the magic fades into nothingness.

I shudder at the freakiness of what just happened.

I drive back into my chair, spreading the book on my desk, ready to find out more. I take a breath and begin reading.

Every millennium, a new Celestine is born. It's never been proven to know who it may be. However, there's only one person in the world who would be able to find the Celestine.

Their soulmate. The person they're spiritually connected to. No matter what, they will find each other some point in life.

A Celestine possesses the darkest magic ever known to humanity. Chaos magic, they call it. It has been described as deadly, dark and pure evil.

You cannot mess with them even if they don't have control over their power. Fortunately, the chaos magic has never been tamed.

So, if they successfully possess the magic, they will become a formidable force in the world.

With the ability to manipulate and control the darkest magic known to humanity, they could reshape reality, bend others to their will, and potentially bring about catastrophic consequences.