six

I woke up abruptly, my heart pounding in my chest. The room was lit by morning light. My sheets were tangled around my legs, and I could feel a thin film of sweat on my face.

With a sigh, I get up. I wince as I walk into the bathroom. I look down at the wound on my arm. It was still raw and red. I grab the first aid kit from underneath the cabinet and quickly change it.

It'd probably take a week or two for it to heal.

I cover my arm as Elena enters the bathroom.

"Ever learn to knock?" I sarcastically told her.

She doesn't give me a snarky remark like I expected her to.

"Sheriff Forbes wants us at the Police Station for a questioning about Vicki."

My body tenses. We just stood there awkwardly.

"Okay," I said.

Elena nodded. She doesn't leave but sighs deeply. "We should talk about -- you know." She drifts off. Does she mean the vampire attack? Right.

I shake my head. "No thanks." I alarmingly tell her. I walk over to my room and close the door in her face since our bathrooms are connected to our rooms.

Talking to Elena is the last thing I want to do. She's put me through hell since I came back. And being blamed for Vicki's death sent me over the edge.

As far as I'm concerned, it'd take me ages to forgive her, maybe never.

After being questioned by Sheriff Forbes, I had to talk to Damon. I need to ask him more about how vampires can compel people, erase or add memories.

Also, I need to know what Damon did to Jeremy. Not only is Jeremy acting really good, he's acting like he never had a drug problem. He was already smiling and laughing since Vicki's death.

I messaged Damon to meet me at the grill. I waited in a booth for no longer than five minutes before he showed up.

He had that devilish smirk on his face as he slid into the seat across from me. I embarrassingly look away as I think about the other night's events.

"Is this a booty call?"

I grimaced. "What? No. I wanted -- I need to ask you something about the whole, passionate staring thing." I motion to him.

He looked at me confused. "That made absolutely no sense." He smiled sarcastically.

"Compulsion," I said.

He nodded his head, a smirk still visible on his face.

"Shoot." A waiter brings Damon a glass of bourbon, I found out. He takes a sip, reveling in the flavour.

"How does mind compulsion work? I mean, that's what you used on Jeremy, right?" I asked.

"Yes. Let me show you an example." He ushered a waiter over.

He stared the man in the eyes. "Bring another glass of Bourbon. On the house." The waiter nodded and walked away. A few seconds later, he brought the glass. "On the house, sir."

I raised a brow, impressed. Damon just grinned.

"Also, the whole mirror thing and garlic are just knock offs from those dumb Bollywood movies." He rolled his eyes.

"I already figured that." I slowly say.

"Anything else?"

I looked around. "Is there anyone else who knows? Like, in Mystic Falls?" I keep my voice low.

Damon leaned in.

"Annoyingly, yes. There's this council who hunts vampires. But, that's all in my hands right now." He leaned back, smirking.