one

I sit in my car with my head on the steering wheel, tempted to go back to the airport. I take a deep breath and focus my eyes on the house I was once welcomed into.

I get out of the car and walk up to the door. It was after 4 or 5 knocks that someone finally opened the door. To my surprise, it was Aunt Jenna. She looked at me with a very confused look on her face, so did I.

"Angelina?" She gasps.

I nod my head, my heart pounding. She quickly grabs me and pulls me into a hug. I can feel her sincerity as she whispers, "I'm so glad you're home."

I pulled out of the hug. "Why are you here Aunt Jenna?"

She looks at me with a look that says, do you not know?

It was then that she ushered me inside and sat me on the couch. I quickly took a glance around my home, photos everywhere.

My mom, dad, Elena and Jeremy. But none of me. I quickly snap out of it as she starts saying stuff to me. As she explained how my parents died during the holidays, my memories of them started dripping down my cheeks.

My parents are dead... but why don't I feel as sad as I should?

But, I then thought of my siblings, and about what a terrible sister I am for not being able to be there with them. Something that really hurt me was the fact that I didn't even know.

"Angelina!" Aunt Jenna snaps me out of my thoughts

"Yeah?" I mumble while wiping my tears away.

"You'll be okay." She says, before pulling me into a hug.

I hope so.

***

After another crying session I made my way up the stairs. I took a small peek into Elena's bedroom but she wasn't there. I wondered how they'd react when they found out I was back. I reached my bedroom door.

If I squinted enough I could still make out the 'Angelinas room' I had written on the door when I was 8. It stung a bit to see that it had been painted over. I opened the door, expecting to enter an empty room.

I chuckle a bit as I drop all my stuff on the floor, taking a look around. Everything was still here. I unpack all my things and walk into the bathroom.

While brushing my teeth, I looked straight into the mirror. I was simply admiring myself before I noticed something weird about my eyes. They were glowing bright red.

I let out a strained yell before crashing into the shower door. What the hell was that? I get up off the bathroom floor and walk back into my bedroom. I sit on the edge of my bed. The hairs on my arms rise up as I try to think about what I just witnessed.

How did my eyes do that? I shrugged my shoulders and hopped into bed, hoping my mind was just playing a trick on me. I stared at the ceiling for a while before finally shutting my eyes.

***

I open my eyes to find myself standing in front of a mirror. I'm wearing the pyjamas I went to bed in. What's happening? Where am I? I look around frantically, trying to locate my whereabouts.

But I don't recognise it at all. It's just a plain bedroom with a mirror and chairs. I pause.

This feels like a dream. If it's a dream, why does it feel so real? Hesitantly, I go to the door and open it. I scream as I'm met with a human figure, but their face is all blurry. No matter how hard I squinted I couldn't see their face.

Suddenly, the figure grabs both my arms and pulls me towards them. I tried my best to fight this person off me but they were very very... strong.