⋆⁺₊❅. two.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟
‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚🎧⊹♡

걱정하지 it's alright 우린 있어
you know that i'm not lying

‧₊˚ ☁️♡𓂃 ִֶָ.‧₊˚
november 27.
˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

The siren waited there for a long time. At least, it felt like a long time. He was hoping Johnny would be back, but the chances were slim. Who would want to talk to something like him, after all?

But Johnny did. He was back after half an hour, a plastic bag in his hands filled with something that smelled good. He nearly dropped it, though, when he heard that same screech from far out in the waters. It was a mermaid trying to scare the sailors away. They knew sirens were nearby.

Ten popped up from the end of the dock, his head peeking out from under. He pulled himself up a little, resting his arms on the hard material of the dock. "You took too long." He narrowed his eyes in an attempt to look intimidating, but it only made Johnny smile.

"I'm sorry," Johnny said. He quickly changed the subject. "What do you like to eat?"

"I do not eat a lot, so I do not know," Ten answered. He didn't eat a lot, unlike other sirens— they refused to consume anything other than the souls of dead sailors along with fish, which was something Ten wasn't willing to do. He did eat fish, but not very often, because he wasn't fond of killing anything.

"Do you not get hungry?" Concern filled Johnny's tone. He didn't actually know if sirens ever got hungry... but it didn't hurt to ask.

"I do, but there is only two things for me to eat in the sea and I do not like either of them." He stared at Johnny's hand, which was offering him a hot slice of pizza. "What is that? It looks weird."

Johnny's eyebrows raised at Ten's words. He hadn't realized Ten had never eaten anything people considered as normal foods. Of course. He was a siren. He lived in the water.

"It's called pizza. It tastes really good."

Reluctantly reaching his hand out, Ten took the slice from Johnny. He slowly bit into the side of it, which made Johnny laugh. "Why are you laughing?"

"You're not supposed to eat it like that."

Johnny showed him the correct way to eat it, and Ten let out a loud sigh, whining. Finally, Ten bit into it the correct way, and his eyes widened in surprise. "This tastes very good."

A gentle smile appeared on Johnny's face once more. He watched as Ten gladly chowed down on the food. He was glad he liked it.

"Why don't you come up here and sit next to me?" Johnny asked. It was risky, but the other sailors weren't around so it didn't matter.

Ten merely shook his head. "It is too cold for me on land. I cannot survive."

Johnny didn't listen. "Come here or else I'll leave."

Letting out a gasp, Ten was obviously upset. He could never be upset towards Johnny, though— so his anger disappeared.

"Are you... Are you able to shape shift?" Johnny said carefully. He didn't want to anger Ten more, just in case he was still upset.

Ten merely nodded, sighing. "You must close your eyes." He covered Johnny's eyes with his hands.

When Ten removed his hands, Johnny looked down and Ten was not there. Instead, he was sitting next to him on the dock. He had legs. He was only wearing a white T-shirt and shorts, though, so he was bound to be cold. He also had no money or an ID, so he couldn't buy any clothes or make a living.

"It is cold," Ten said quietly. "That is why I never come to the surface. It is always cold up here." He wrapped his arms around himself, but then Johnny placed his jacket over him. Ten's eyes widened in surprise at how his body began to warm up. He couldn't help but smile, his lips turning up only slightly. "Thank you." Never before had he felt warmth like this.

But then he looked down into the water and saw a floating piece of pizza that was half eaten. "You made me drop my..."

"It's okay, you can have another one." Johnny handed him another slice. He didn't mind— He found Ten adorable.

Ten smiled, his eyes glowing prettily at Johnny's kindness. Johnny just then realized how Ten had two different colored eyes; one was brown and one had a soft green tone.

Overfilled with joy, Ten grabbed Johnny's hand and held it tightly. This took Johnny by surprise, but he said nothing, only looking at Ten.

"What?" Ten said. "Is this what humans do when they are happy?"

Johnny paused for a moment, lost in thought. "It is, I guess, but.. Well, it's difficult to explain. Only people that are, y'know, together."

Ten didn't answer. He shrugged his shoulders, keeping Johnny's hand in his. Clearly, he didn't care. He liked this. He liked feeling Johnny's warmth. It made him feel warm inside. It was a feeling he'd never felt before. Plus, he didn't know what love was. He had grown up in a place where love didn't exist.

He never got to experience things like this while in the ocean. Nobody cared for him, not his family, especially not other sirens nor mermaids. They all hated him for being a "pick-me" (could you even call it that? For liking the surface rather than the dark depths of the ocean?). Johnny had shown him the most trust and care over anybody else, and they had only known each other for a few hours.

They talked for a while longer before a terrifyingly close screech cut sharply through the air. It sounded less than a few yards away, but if it really was, Ten would've been long gone by now.

Johnny heard a sigh from the other. He saw Ten take off his jacket, the cold air biting at his skin. "I must leave," Ten said. He pulled himself closer to Johnny, both hands on his face, before kissing him deeply. He pulled away after a few seconds. "I will see you again."

And then he jumped into the water, leaving Johnny in complete shock. Johnny watched the sea, looking all over, until he saw a pink tail cut through the top of the water. It was amazing how Ten could shape shift that quickly.