Nueve

Melody's pov

I had been woken up at 11:22 by a notification, it was Roman. He asked "do you need someone to come by to help you get ready?" What? I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"For tonight's event, do you insist a hairs dresser, or an assistant to do your make up?"  I stared down at his text. "Lol no" I sent the message before grabbing my robe, and a cloth to wash my body with.

I washed and exfoliated my body, rubbing the dead cells off my body. I repeated the same steps with my soft, short but not long hair.

I heard isa walking around and humming as I stepped out the shower followed by her yelling, "MELODY? WHAT KINDA EVENT ARE YOU GOING TO?!!" I quickly responded, In an irritated tone, "why are you screaming? oh my gosh." I stepped out of the bathroom rolling my eyes. "WHOS BIG ASS DRESS IS THIS? WHAT KIND OF EVENT ARE YOU GOIN-" I quickly interrupted her while tying my robe into a bow, "QUIT SCREAMING" I said, my eyes widened as I walked out of the room. My jaw was hanging open.

It was a beautiful cream colored dress, with pearls on the chest

I had never seen something so beautiful. It was as if I was getting married. "I told you, how rich is this man?" Isa said, the breath token from her as she admired the dress. "What's that?" I pointed to the counter. "Oh idk it was outside in the box, with the dress" she explained.

I opened the box to see a cream colored laced pearl necklace. It looked really small off the looks of it, next to it were pearl earings dangling from a chain connected to another pearl.

"I can't wait!!!" I said with a squeal, running to my room to message Roman. "GOODMONRING Roman, thanks for the dress it's so beautiful. I hope you didn't spend to much I didn't expect this much!" It was only 1:24 I still had some hours to get ready.

Isa sat in my room, me and her chitchat about what could the event be, to dress this elegant?
——-
Hours later, at exactly 7:22 I started to get ready. "Should I do my makeup first? Or put the dress on? I don't wanna mess up my make up but I don't want to ruin the dress." I elaborated, "put the dress on and just put a towel over yourself for the time being" how come I didn't think of that? I stood up grabbing the dress.

"Isa help me put it on" I told her, I turned around pulling the bottom over my head. my hands were sitting straight up, isa pulled the dress down over my head helping me.

"It's so cute!" Isa said looking at me after zipping it up. "It fits perfectly too" I added on, a smile painted on my face. "You seem so happy" she said smiling back at me. "I am" I giggled.

Isa helped me do my make up for a better look, not too much though, she just helped me with lip liner to have a full lip shape, and not too noticeable eyelashes.

"What about your hair?" She asked, "you don't like it how it is?" I questioned. "Well I do, but everything's so fancy, you don't wanna curl it?" I shook my head. "Okay then" she sighed.

A small knock was at the door, isa ran to the door as I installed the earring to my ears, followed by the necklace.

"Melody! Your boyfriend's outside!" I heard her voice yell out the other room, "he's not my boyfriend" I said walking out the room. "Mhm" she hummed, I rolled my eyes. "Have fun" she said as I walked out the door.

Once i closed he door I looked up at Roman, I could see him suck in his breath. "You look really beautiful love" he grinned. "Do you like the dress? If not I have some others in the trunk." I quickly denied his offers, "No, no, it's nice I like it, speaking of the dress, how much was this? It looks really expensive." He smiled, "don't worry about that." He said before his hand gently pressed on my back pushing me to walk.

We walked out of the complex, I looked around for his car, it was nowhere. "Where's your car?" He pointed to a black truck. Oh. I looked up to see a pale looking man, with glasses on. "Hello" his accent flooded my ears. "Hi" I said confused. Roman sat next to me in the 3rd row of the 3 rowed car , the 2nd row hand two seats and a walkway.

"Why aren't you driving? And who's that?"" I whispered. "My personal driver, sometimes I don't feel like driving, today's one of those days, I wanted to sit with you." He elaborated. A smile dares to creep on my lips.

He looked at me , the car started moving. I started to doze off but I kept trying to fight it, before I heard Roman's voice. "Sleep darling, it's going to be a long ride, and a long night." He said, lightly pushing my head on his shoulder.

————

I need yall opinions on the story 😭