"Listen, Maeve." Stephen tried, backing away from her on the sofa as she raised a pillow in the air and brandished it like a weapon. "I think we can talk this out!" 

"I'm actually going to fucking kill you. Do you know how long that took me to make?" Maeve exclaimed, waving the cushion around in the air. 

"Hours?" Stephen joked, already knowing the answer as it was the thing she'd emphasised throughout the ordeal. With that she struck down on him as he screeched in peril, curling up on the sofa as she whacked him as hard as she could. He profusely apologised to the girl amidst all the yelling and cursing that flew his way from her furious mouth. But it was no use and the cushion continued to pound against his body violently, which Stephen would say Maeve seemed to be enjoy a bit too much from the wide smile across her face.

Suddenly another man walked into the room, plate in hand and a contempt smile on his face until he saw exactly what was happening on the sofa. And more importantly that it was over a piece from the same cake that was placed neatly on his own plate. 

"Arthur, I swear on everything I'll hit you if that's Georges birthday cake." 

"How come he doesn't get threatened with murder but I do? Seems a bit unfair to me." Stephen commented which earnt him another thump across the face from the pillow. 

"Maeve I'm really sorry, I promise I didn't know." Arthur replied with guilt evident on his face. 

"It's okay, just please go and buy a new one whilst I get ready." She instructed with a sympathetic smile, getting up to hug him after not being able to bare another second of his sad expression looking at her. 

"Oh fuck right off! Where was my hug? Where was my forgiveness? Nowhere!" 

"And take Stephen with you please!" She smiled sweetly and with a squeeze of his hand left a complaining Arthur along side an equally displeased Stephen with the task of going to the shops. 

"You ready?" Chris sighed as Maeve finally rose to her feet, placing down her mirror on his desk and walking over to him lying in bed on his phone. 

"Just about." She teased and he gave her a look up and down.

"You look nice." 

"Was that a compliment?!" She asked in a shocked tone, making him glance over at her to roll his eyes and shove against her shoulder playfully. 

"Only so you'll come downstairs with me cause I'm bored waiting." He complained, "Besides, George will be here soon." 

Maeve let out a complacent sigh and hauled him off the mattress up onto his feet. She hadn't dressed up massively since nobody else had really put in that much effort, but she had put on a little bit more makeup than usual to show George that she cared about his special day. Not that anyone would really notice; still it was the thought that counted. 

The crowd downstairs had slowly but surely grown and just by the sounds of it Maeve could tell there was certainly more people there than she'd been told would be attending. And as she and Chris wandered down, her assumption was proven correct as the hallway was packed full of people like sardines in a tin. She clung onto the sleeve of Chris' top whilst he pushed his way through the group that stood chatting aimlessly and forced through into the kitchen, making sure she didn't let go and end up lost in the endless sea of bodies surrounding them. 

"Chris!" A man called out from across the room and ushered the pair over to the island in the middle of the kitchen where they were stood making drinks.