32. Setup

Lilly:

Being mated to a dragon, and a King at that felt... strange. For me, tying the knot always meant getting a ring on my finger, wearing a white dress, and saying your vows to your partner. Now, instead of a ring, I had a permanent mark where my shoulder met my neck. 

I will talk to Phoenix about it. I always dreamt about my engagement and wedding, so having a ring bought by him would mean a lot to me.

Today we would celebrate with just us, Brax, and Cassian will be coming with Edith along with his three other siblings, more of Phoenix's cousins, and some other uncles and aunts. I was excited to get to know more of Phoenix's extended family.

I decided to wear a short white dress that reached my knees, we would be having a BBQ and Phoenix surprised me when he told me he would be the one taking care of it.

The maids hung fairy lights outside and it looked magical. I also ordered a small pool filled with plastic balls for the kids and some other games and toys to keep them entertained.

I turn around when someone knocks at the door, wondering who that might be because Phoenix would just come in as well as Brax through the little door we made for him.

Leaning on the wardrobe door I see a gorgeous dragon king devouring me with his eyes.

"Stop that! Or we will be late," I scold him squirming under his gaze. "Remember, you are in charge of the meat."

Phoenix rolled his eyes.

"I guess my boner will be for later." he jokes and I swear I almost choke with my own saliva. "Unless you are up for a quicky?" he raises a brow at me.

"No! Come on!" I grab his hand and hurry the both of us out of the room to meet everyone in the garden.

Phoenix:

I guess the day I mated and got my kingdom a queen finally arrived. It felts strange, not going to lie, but damn it felt good. I have someone by my side who supports me, who loves me, and would do anything for me and my... our son. I wouldn't trade this moment for anything in the world.

Lilly was mine now, and I will cherish her forever.

When we walked out into the garden, my whole body came rigid when I spotted Cassian and Edith, remembering my niece's words...

Lilly looks at me noticing my change of demeanor but I force myself to move. I didn't want to spoil the evening for her.

I grit my teeth when Edith comes running to her for a hug, and it feels strange to see Lilly reciprocate the hug with eagerness. My beast roared in my mind when Cassian approached us and greeted Lilly with a kiss on the cheek.

I knew I was being paranoid because Lilly greeted him the way she greeted the rest of the guests. Showing how much she cares for the others and how she appreciates their presence. Fuck. She was so kind and thoughtful that I felt like a dick feeling jealous.