II. Welcome Home

"This is gold leader returning to base, I repeat, this is gold leader returning to base

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"This is gold leader returning to base, I repeat, this is gold leader returning to base. Do you copy?"

Picking up the supercomm and listening to the curly haired boy's, Rosie turned towards the others, "He's almost here!"

Lucas finished writing on the large, white piece of paper in red and blue crayon, everyone shuffling around to get ready.

Everyone grabbed a party noisemaker out of Mike's backpack before they all got set in their hiding spots behind a wall. As they heard a car door slam, they instantly shut their mouths as the door opened and Max peaked around the corner to see Dustin storm to his room.

The group had been ignoring him for the whole day so they could plan this surprise for him. The surprise was Roseanne's idea, the girl was feeling sad that she didn't see him for a bit of summer since he went off to camp.

Eleven, all the way on the end, closed her eyes as blood began to trickle down her nostril. Within minutes, they could hear Dustin walking out of his room as Max peeked around the corner again.

She turned to Lucas, giving a nod that he passed down the line. Once it reached Ashton, he looked at Eleven, "Now."

The girl opened her eyes, as they heard Dustin's footsteps come to a stop. With slow and quiet movements, the group all huddled up behind Dustin, without him knowing as Lucas stood in the middle with a "WELCOME BACK DUSTIN!" sign.

They all put their noisemakers in their mouth, ready to blow as Max held up her hand, counting down from three. When she got to once, the children all blew their noisemakers before Dustin whipped around with a shriek.

Unconsciously, the boy sprayed some type of hairspray into Lucas's face as the boy screamed at the stinging sensation.

Mike jumped back, grabbing ahold of Rosie and shielding her eyes from getting the same outcome as Lucas.

--

A LITTLE WHILE later, Dustin showed Will, Ashton, Mike, Eleven and Rosie his new inventions that he brought back from camp as Max helped Lucas flush the hairspray from his eyes.

Dustin pulled some type of contraption out of his bag as he twisted the handle on the back. The three boys watched, intrigued, but Eleven just held Ashton's hand and Rose hooked her arm with Mike's crossed arms.

"Powered by wind. Very useful in the apocalypse" Dustin handed the craft to Will, "It looks like a windmill" Rosie spoke up, Dustin giving an hurt expression.

"First of all, I'm insulted, my invention is way better some dumb windmill" He corrected her, pointing a finger as her before turning back towards his big duffle bag filled with gadgets.

"Anyways, then I give you--" He pulled something else out of his bag. The invention had a hammer attached to it as the thing vibrated aggressively with the push of a button, "The slammer."