VI. Superpowers

MIKE SAT WITH Eleven on the floor as she was picking up his different toys and figures

MIKE SAT WITH Eleven on the floor as she was picking up his different toys and figures. Since Julianna totally ditched school today, she decided to take out her social studies notebook and study for her upcoming test.

She knew this was random timing but it helped calm her nerves since she was scared about Nora finding out she ditched school.

Mike picked up a Yoda figure, slamming it onto the table, "Ready are you? What knows you of ready?" His mimicked Yoda's voice as Eleven eyed him weirdly.

"His name is Yoda. He can use the force to move things with his mind, like this." Mike paused to knock all of the figured off the table.

Mike began to talk about another one of his toys, not noticing Eleven get up and walk towards his trophy table. When he did, he got up and followed her.

"These are all of my science fair trophies. We got first every year." Mike said, "Except last year when we got third." Mike remembered with a grumble.

There was a silence that made Julianna look up from her book and walked towards the other two, who were inspecting a picture of Lucas, Dustin, Will, Ashton and Mike holding a trophy.

Julie didn't miss the way Eleven's eyes slightly widened when her eyes landed on Will, her finger slowly moving to touch his place on the picture. "You know Will? Did you see him last night? On the road?" Mike asked, getting interrupted by the sound of a car pulling into the driveway.

Mike quickly rushed to window before turning towards the two girls, "Shoot, my mom's here. We have to go." He grabbed Julie's hand as she ushered Eleven to follow and the three hurried out of the room.

As they ran downstairs, the turn of the doorknob made them all halt and run back up the stairs. "Ted?" A feminine, mothery voice called out to the sound of footsteps going up the stairs.

"No , it's just me mom!" Mike called out as the three of them all rushed back into his room. "Michael? What are you doing home?" Confusion could be heard in her tone.

"Just one second!" He shouted before closing his bedroom door and moving towards the closet. "You both have to sit in here for a second."

Julianna moved to get inside the closet but Eleven was hesitant. "Please El, you have to get in or my mom will find you. I won't tell her about you, I promise."

"Promise?"

"It means something you can't break. Ever." Mike quickly explained as the bald girl glanced between Mike and Julie. The hetero-chromatic eyed girl offered a soft smile, "I'll keep you safe El, don't worry."

Finally, she took her place next to Julianna as Mike quickly closed the door behind them, darkness consuming the two of them. The two stood against the wall, eventually sitting on the floor as Eleven closed her eyes, breathing heavily.