II. D&D

JULIANNA COULDN'T WAIT to get home and tell Nora what happened at school today

JULIANNA COULDN'T WAIT to get home and tell Nora what happened at school today. She had already imagined the priceless look on Nora's face when she breaks the news to her. Her feet moved fast as she eagerly biked home.

As she reached the garage of her home, she parks her bike and grabs her bag out the of basket, walking inside.

As she does so, she can hear the faint sounds of the television playing in the living room, indicating Nora was there.

As she approached, Nora kept her eyes glued to the television with a bag of cheese puffs in her arms. "Hey" Julianna said as she leaned over the head of the couch which made Nora jumped, frightened.

Once she saw that it was just her littlest sister, she calms down and places a hand on her chest, sighing, "Jeez Jules, I didn't even hear you come in," She laughed as Julianna cracked a smile.

"How was school?" Nora asks, sitting up on the couch and pauses the television.

"Good. Guess what?" She gets off the couch and makes her way to the kitchen. "Tell me."

"I got invited to play D&D." Julianna informed her sister as she made her way to the fridge. "D&D? With who?" Nora sat up in her laying position. "Mike" Julie pulled a water out of the fridge.

Nora's face quickly lights up with excitement, "Really? That's great, so great!" She jumps off the couch and follows Julianna to the kitchen, leaning over the counter.

"Wait, his name is Mike? Like Nancy's little brother?" Nora questioned as the red haired girl turned to look at her, her brows raised as Nora quickly waves her hand dismissively, remembering that Julianna had no idea who that was.

"What's D&D?" Nora questioned as Julianna shrugged, "I don't know, they'll teach me." She said, taking a sip of her drink.

"Can I go?" The freckled face girl asked, hoping Nora would say yes since this had felt like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. "Of course, be safe and please be back before I finish my second shift tomorrow, okay?"

Julianna's face lit up, "Okay!" She nodded vigorously before thanking her older sister and jogging upstairs.

She dropped her bag beside her desk as she shrugged off her jacket and placed her in the back of her desk chair.

She had decided to get started on her homework so that she can head outside for a while before it began to get dark.

--

THE NEXT DAY AT school, she walked through the with her walkman over her ears as she made her way to her locker.

As she began to take books out, she feels someone gently tap on her back before she takes off her walkman and turns to be faced with Mike's friend, the shortest one.