Chapter 13, Beginning of the End

How in the world the dark arts worked? You had no clue. Sure, had a few books on it, but really besides a mild fascination, you had no clue. Apparently Charles knew otherwise. He had scattered to your shelves, pulling several books off, and for a moment you thought he was only pulling at them to make a mess.

"Chucky, what the fuck are you doing."

"Hold on, doll-." He stammered, pulling around them slightly in fret. "Shit. We should really just be at my place, with my books and flowers and shit. This is fuckin' useless." Charles Lee huffed and raised his arms in agitation before placing them down. "What am I gonna do now? In a place without my shit." He mumbled the last partly to himself, but you had picked up on it.

"What are you looking for, anyways? I would help- maybe? How can I help?" You complained, looking at your bookshelves, wrecked as they were now. You weren't going to get upset at that- for now.

"It's- Well I gave Tif," He huffed, "Voodoo for Dummies' Oh,-" He then laughed in such a way that he choked it out. "Funny, really. Good read, useless piece of shit for dark arts." He gruffed.

"Yeah," You huffed. "Because they're two different things that have different purposes."

"Exactly, now where's your human anatomy book and something on darwinism," He purred to you, smirking and leaning over the book stack. "Oh and doll, gimme a cigarette please,"

You paled at him. What the fuck, was he thinking exactly? Besides the cigarette part.

"I know what you're thinkin' 'oh GOD, what is he thin-inking?!" He mocked you slightly in a high falsetto voice and you looked on with an offense to your soul. He was mocking you, you reminded yourself and told yourself reassuringly not to cry. This all was besides the point entirely. Your lip quivered slightly.

"Whatever. I have the anatomy book, but you'll have to look for the rest on your own, since you're gonna be bitchy." You told him, holding the sleeve of your sweater to your mouth.

"What- hey wait, babe, pleaseeee! Your shelve is so fuckin' tall! How am I gonna reach it?" He huffed and you wanted to leave him. You really wanted to- but the bookshelf was high and if he were to climb on it, it might collapse. You hadn't anchored it to the wall yet, pale did it stand alone.

You couldn't leave him without a step stool or ladder or some shit- but you didn't have it. You really didn't have anything now for shit since your last move, your roommate taking most of it in the process, leaving you, consequently, without a stepstool. Oh, curse your good-naturedness.

"Oh, alright. I'll help you pull things out, but you put it up when you're a human? Deal? Cause' you're taller as a human and I'll be tired." You complained, and he furrowed his brows.

"Tired? Are you kidding? Okay, alright, fine, I'll help ya," He said, fingers crossed and tapping behind his back.

"Cool, cause I really trust you right now, and if you break that trust, it would really suck, and I would, never, ever help you again." Smiling at him, and you brought a bundle of books in your arms to him. He grimaced. "Anyways, I'm gonna read up on this book of anatomy to figure out how to uh. Get inside your chest. Don't worry about it- I'll figure it out now."

"What? Oh-uh okay. What are these books on? I need SPECIFIC books, not yours." He huffed and you only gawked at him.

"Really? Really, are you sure Charles, because have you ever done this? Ever?" You questioned, offended slightly because you were only trying to help. He just didn't understand that, stuck really needing exact things, despite your help. "Just, read the titles, please." You resulted, walking away with your anatomy books, leaving him alone in the living room with his body, and other books.