chapter 8

Who wouldda known that his shitty life would culminate to this? Being in some fucker's apartment, stuck in a damn doll body that was turnin' human. Human. A 3 foot tall doll with fuckin' plastic skin and organs. Able to be killed. That bastard Norris would be able to fuck him up, instead of his way 'round.

And he was in some fucker's apartment that he didn't really know. Not that he thought you could do any damage to him. Besides strangulation and accidentally stabbing his hand, but that was beside the point. He could always be put back together.

At least he didn't have to depend on that squirt- Andy's, help 'cause- who wants to be trapped with a fuckin' kid?

He hated it, hated how small he was. He was at Andy's level and he fuckin' hated it.

He tugged at his "Good Guy" doll overalls, struggling slightly to play the part of "innocent doll" that is secretly possessed by a serial killer. Charles huffed in agitation.

Oh what shitty days he was having.

Chucking slightly now, he tore off the sheets of your bed, (Your reaction had been a nice addition to his new crash spot.) He shook away the heat that rose to his cheeks recollecting the memory. Fuck. Goddamn doll body.

He wanted to be a god, not a goddamn doll with human organs, human emotions, human suffering.

What a loathsome narration. He scowled, dropping off the bed. The lakeshore strangler was stuck in a fucking doll, but was managing to resolve some slight issues and selling Norris out for good.

"Oh Mikey. Better keep a watch out. Fucker." Charles Lee hissed, narrowing his small doll eyes onto the street below your apartment. The key clicking into your door startled him still. Chucky dropped to the ground; nerves captivating him. By the time Karen entered, he was struck into a strict criss-cross applesauce pose, which inhibited his movement entirely.

He was gonna die. I don't have limitless lives now, thanks to you. Charles wanted to scream in frustration, shout, yell, stab that bitch Karen. His muscles remained stubbornly still. He wanted to scoff at his agitation, but couldn't do so. Failed to do so.

Karen was in your kitchen, milling about softly, completely unaware of the doll. The apartment was much like her own- at least for the layout. But you had stubbornly made parts yourself since it lacked them. Shelves, mostly. Karen hummed at your accumulation of shelves. Then to your records and books, and to the magazines slopped lazily onto your coffee table. Your chest of drawers laid proudly in the open, with golden crested knobs and chipped paint peeling along the edges.

She hadn't heard Chucky's movement. Dumb bitch couldn't even believe a living doll, and he could use that to his advantage. Unlike with you. Which was stubbornly the opposite.

His feet darted across your wooden floor, creaking slightly at the soft weight. His eyes met a small knife on a cutting board that you had forgotten to store. He scoffed at your laziness. It would be that dumb bitch's funeral.

And you would cry for your mistake and he knew he would only laugh. Charles Lee grabbed the knife and darted to the corner of cabinets that hid him from Karen. She was too distracted looking at your books about dark magic. Poor dumb little thing. Talk about pathetic.

Your pathetic friend and that little bitch Andy's mom.

He slowly pressed his feet forward, closer to her, melting away from the shadows and into the blinding light of your lamps. Damn bitch's apartment looked like Home Depot's light section. He wanted to laugh slightly at your decoration, but chose to sneer instead. Karen would only see his eyes. His stupid little human-puppet teeth. Fucked-up human abomination. His sneer grew, and he felt his fingers thrumming in agitation.

I gotta get outta this goddamn body,...

And that starts with getting this damn bitch out.

"Hi-ya! My name's Chucky, and I'll be your friend to the end! Hidey-hoe. Ha-ha-ha!" His voice box screeched from his lungs painfully, feet away from Karen.

A door was painfully pushed open, adding to the demanding sounds that rattled around your apartments. You held your poor eardrums, and frowning into the view. What in the world?

You were puzzled, and drew in.

"Karen?" You questioned, looking at the two frozen forms that you failed to recognize.

"Oh dear, what in the world?" She rushed, darting her eyes from the frozen doll beside her, and you in the doorway.

"I just left for coffee, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you I- just needed some time alone." You offered to her, grasping slightly onto the door's knob.

Your eyes finally met Chucky's. It was a strange feeling. What was Karen doing in your apartment, and why did it look like Ray was about to kill her..?

You asked her a smaller version of your thought.

"Oh, I was just checking on you, just worried, that's all. I um. Had a bit of a talk with Andy this morning and heard some things that worried me."

Your eyes darted away from Chucky's and back to the older woman's.

"Oh yeah? Is everything ok Ms Barclay..?" You asked softly, slightly fearing the answer. You pulled at a string on your jacket.

She tore her own eyes from you, and she pursed her lips.

"I'm sorry Kiddo. I'm just confused. My kid is a good kid. I know that. You know that. So why is he suddenly talking and acting so strangely lately? I think that there's something I did wrong." She quivered, and your eyes softened. Chucky never regretted his actions to almost kill Karen more now. Not for her health no, because he was perpetually stuck next to some old crying mom in menopause. It was all so goddamn annoying.

He repressed a shutter as you drew closer, and held Karen's shoulder.

You softly rubbed her shoulder. "It's all going to be just fine, Karen. Just fine." You swore Charles Lee wanted to spit and vomit rubbish at the scene.

You fought the urge to laugh.

Karen's silent sobs brought you back to your poor friend. Shit. He had distracted you from the mother, and you paused your comforting.

"Karen. Andy is a good kid. He is OK. I promise." You reassured her, pulling her in front of you.

"Thanks hun." She sniffed, pulling a handkerchief to her red puffy eyes. Charles again, wanted to barf at the bore.

"Get this bitch outta here." Charles Lee hissed at you, and you marveled at the fact that Karen appeared to have not heard his raspy voice.

Scowling at him, Karen pulled you into a sudden hug.

"Shut up Charles-Lee, I know what I'm doing." You spat at him, furrowing your eyebrows. He scowled, and returned back to sitting. God he neededa drink.

"Whatever." The doll hissed.

"Did you say something?" Karen murmured.

"Oh no no, just my, neighbors. They're... loud." You managed, and she nodded at the poor explanation.

"Alright dear, tell me if you see... Andy's doll? He's looking for it and kinda scaring me about what he thinks it is. Like, the doll's a serial killer."

Chucky smirked behind Karen's back and you paled slightly.

"I... I'll tell you if I do. Keepin' my eyes peeled. Like uh. A hawk." You pulled away from the hug, and Karen gave you a small smile.

"See-ya'" Karen told you, leaving your apartment and taking care to close your door softly.

The door creaked shut.

"See ya."

It echoed pathetically back to you.