008 •The Chief Justice

"Ooh, these should be our seats. C'mon, let's sit down." Paimon said which made Y/n and Aether sit down while she was floating in the air.

Paimon looked to the side and saw a male sitting next to Y/n who had white hair two blue strands, a dark blue outfit and black gloves on.

"Uhh..." She gave out after looking at the male. Y/n and Aether looked at her confused. "Heh..." She gave out once again. The flying child suddenly went near Aether and Y/n. "Hey, Y/n and Aether... Maybe we should strike up a conversation with the person next to us? Since we're sitting together and the rest of the place is practically empty still, it's kinda awkward if we don't say anything." She suggested to the two. "You're up, Paimon." Aether said while shrugging . "Isn't that usually your job?" Y/n said to the flying kid. "You little... Of course you put this on Paimon..." Paimon said angrily while whispering.

"Excuse me, I did not realize you felt awkward. I am terribly sorry." The male next to Y/n apologized. "I would be perfectly happy to chat with you if that's what you would like." He added. "Oh... uh... So you heard all of that, did ya? Boy, you sure have good ears, Paimon thought she was keeping her voice down." The flying child said embarrassed. "Ah! Wait, that's not it, Paimon's sorry! Um, Paimon's the one who was being rude talking under her breath like that. Uh, so let's talk, but... uh... what should we talk about?" She added not knowing what to talk about. 'This is getting even more awkward...' Aether and Y/n thought while sweat dropping. "Uh... Oh, Paimon's got it! You're also here early and sitting in the front. Are you a friend of Lyney's, too?" Paimon asked finally coming up with something to talk about. "A... friend, you say? Well, if Mr Lyney would like to be my friend, I would be more than happy to reciprocate." The male said. "Oh, so you're not friends with Lyney, then... Whew, this is getting more awkward by the second. Ah, Paimon nearly forgot to make our introduction..." The flying kid said almost forgetting to introduce herself and the two travelers. "Nice to meet you, Paimon is Paimon, and this is Y/n and Aether. We just arrived in Fontaine." She introduced herself and the two while they got up and turned towards the male while he did the same.

The white haired male looked at the h/c female mesmerized by her beauty. He couldn't take his eyes from her. Suddenly the Y/n made eye contact with him which caught him out of guard. His cheeks turned a light red tinned while Y/ns cheeks also turned the same color.

The h/c haired looked away embarrassed while the white haired cleared his throat and then began to speak. "It is an honor to meet you two. I have heard of your deed across Teyvat. And as required by proper etiquette, I will also introduce myseld. I am..." He started but then got interrupted by Lyney who came over to them.

"Oh, Monsieur Neuvillette! What an honor it is to have you here to see my show!" He said to the male named Neuvillette. "Ah, Mr. Lyney. I shoukd say it is in fact an honor for me to see your performance in person." He said to the magician. "Wait, Neuvillette? Could he be..." Paimon said while thinking and then looking at him. "Hmm? I saw you all chatting just now, but it seems you still don't know who Monsieur Neuvillette is." Lyney said seeing that they didn't know who the male was. "Allow me to introduce you to Fontaine's Chief Justice. That seat is always reserved for him. It wouldn't be too much to say that he's the symbol of justice and honesty here in Fontaine." He said introducing Neuvillette. "Whoa! Sorry for being so rude just now. Paimon had no idea you were such an important person..." Paimon said apologized nervously. "No offense taken. Being Chief Justice is merely what I do for work. Nearly every person has their usual reserved seat, so I am not so special, really." He said making Paimon calm down. "And by the way, I should probably let you know, even though I would prefer not to... There is someone sitting there in the VIP seats that has been striking a pose for quite a while now..." Neuvillette said while looking up at the VIP seat. "I believe she's trying to give you a most elegant and impressive first impression." He added which made the three look up. "Hehehehe..." Furina chuckled out elegantly after noticing that Y/n was looking at her. "Huh? Oh it's Furina, the Hydro Archin. She sure has a smug and satisfied look on her face. Guess she has no idea that you saw right through her act." Paimon said with her hands on her hips.

"Very good, that is for the best. No need to pay her any more attention, we may now enjoy the show." Neuvillette said feeling an emotion that he doesn't like after seeing that Y/n was paying too much attention to the Hydro Archon. He then sat down while Y/n sat down on her place next to him making him smile at her which she returned. Aether sat down too next to Y/n and Paimon was once again just floating in the air. "Huh, so is this what things are like between the Chief Justice and the Hydro Archon?" Paimon questioned. "Alright, please just wait a moment longer. I've pretty much finished my preparations and the performance will start as soon as the audience has made their way to their seats." Lyney said while smiling. "Yay, the show's finally about to start. Ooh, Paimon can hardly wait! Paimon's never seen a real live magic show before!" Paimon said feeling super excited.