006 •Childe?

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Paimon asked after arriving at the place with Y/n and Aether. A woman heard her and went over to the three. "Oh, hello there. New customers? Looking to buy, or do you need something made? Or perhaps you're just looking for a chat with me?" The female called Estelle asked them. "Oh- no, we're just here to deliver some materials. Here they are. They're for making... uh, what were they called?" Paimon said forgetting the name of it. "Ah, these must be for Magic Pockets. I could tell right away, I've already made several orders' worth now." The woman said recognizing the materials. "Do we need to pay?" Aether asked the woman. "No, no need. They've already prepaid several batches worth. When they told me what they'd be using them for, I even offered them a discount. But they insisted on paying the full amount, saying that I had a business to run... Hehe, it seems both their hearts and their pockets are made of gold." The female answered. "Whoa, so is Lyney actually loaded?" Paimon said amazed. "I can't say for sure, but who knows... Maybe there's good money to be made being a magician in Fontaine." Estelle answered once again. "Hey, is this machine what you use to make stuff here? It looks really advanced..." Paimon said after seeing a big machine.

"Why use your hands when a machine can do the work? It would be a waste not to use the latest technology, and wasting is a kind of crime

"Why use your hands when a machine can do the work? It would be a waste not to use the latest technology, and wasting is a kind of crime." The female said. "But where does a big machine like that come that get its power from?" Paimon asked confused. "Ah, well... It's a little complicated, I'm not sure I can put it in layman's terms for you... But basically, everything we usually use here in the city is powered by Indemnitium. It's a type of energy that's produced from trials." The Estelle tried to answer which made the three confused. "Huh? How can trials produce energy?" Paimon asked. "Well, I'm not completely sure of all the details, but basically... When a trial is in session, the Oratrice Mecanique d'Analyse Cardinale harvests people's belief in justice, and converts it into energy to be used all around Fontaine." The woman answered the question. "So that's what its other function is? Paimon heard that the Oratrice was created by the Archon to make judgments. But Paimon still doesn't get it. How could something unreliable like people's beliefs be turned into a stable power source for these machines?" Paimon asked confused which made Y/n turn towards here. "Well, Venti and Nahida both said the gods rely on belief to obtain power." She answered Paimons curiosity. Oh, yeah! So that means the Hydro Archon relies on the machine to take the energy created by belief and turn it into power for all of Fontaine, right?" Paimon said finally understanding now. "Even though I've never heard anyone really put it that way before, it sounds like it makes sense." The woman said while crossing her arms. "Besides Indemnitium, we have another type of energy called "Pneumousia". It isn't produced by the power of the Archon, but it is unstable by nature. Even now it still cannot be widely used by civilians." She added.

"Heh, I thought I'd find you hard at work, but here you are chatting the day away... Since you're already talking, I'm sure you wouldn't mind a few words with me." A man said coming out of nowhere with three other males. Y-You again? Didn't I already promise you that I'd have the Mora I owe to Confrerie of Cabriere by next month? Why are you hounding me now?" Estelle said scared and stressed. "Yeah, but how do we know that you won't go running off by the end of this month? I want fifty percent. Today. Wait, no... seventy percent." The male called Truand said in a serious tone. "Huh!? You..." Estelle said shocked. Paimon turned to the two traveler. "Seems business isn't so great for the workshop... We've already finished our job and delivered the materials. Maybe now's a good time to leave?" Paimon suggested. "You're right." Aether agreed while Y/n was quite unsure.