004 •Invite to the show

"And just like that, she's gone. Well, that's the most unpredictable archon Paimon's ever seen... We never even had a chance to ask her anything, but that's a problem for the future Paimon! That whole scene just now was really..." Paimon said shocked at how the archon was acting. "Thanks for bailing us out, Lyney." Y/n thanked Lyney with a small smile making Lyney's cheek light a light shade of red. "Did you know that was going to happen?" Aether asked Lyney with a cold tone in his voice. "Don't mention it. I just happened to remember that there was such a law, so I did a little preparation - just in case. I didn't think it would actually come in handy." The brother of Lynette said while smiling at Y/n. "So, now do you see what king of god Lady Furina is?" Lyney asked them. Well more like asked Y/n. "She can be a bit confusing at times, but she is still amenable to reason." Lyney said walking to where the 3 were standing and 1 was flying. "Yeah, confusing is a good way to put it..." Y/n said while giving out a little sigh. "Is she really that reasonable?" Aether said almost with a rude tone but he held himself back.

"Anyway, Paimon had no idea you were a magician, Lyney. It sounded like you'll be performing at the opera house, right?" The flying child asked excitedly making Lyney chuckle a bit. "Haha, I just know a few simple tricks I use to make a living. Lynette is my assistant." He answered looking to Lynette. Turning around the guy spoke up again. "It will actually be my first time performing on the most prestigious stage in Fontaine, the opera house." Paimon pulled out her arms. "But isn't the opera house where criminal trials are held in Fontaine?" She asked confused. "When there are no puplic trials being held, the opera house hosts a variety of other performances. To the people of Fontaine, the line between a trial and a performance can be a little blurred..." Lyney answered and then put his hand on his chin in a thinking manner.

"And speaking of performances, I would be remiss to forgo this opportunity gifted by fate, Might I invite you- ahem I mean three of you to see my performance?" Lyney asked whild slipping out at first but then holding himself back quickly. "My brother's always excited to make new friends." She said smiling a little. "Oh, sure. We don't really have anything to do now, and we wanted to go to the opera house anyway." Paimon responds happily. "I would be delighted." Y/n said while smiling a little at the two siblings. They smiled back at her while getting excited and happy that she accepted their invite. Aether didn't want to go but he sighed because Y/n wanted to go so he just agreed too. "Splendid! In that case, why don't we go together? I'll show you the way. I just have something to take care of first..." The brother of Lyney said happily. "Is there anyway I can help?" Y/n asked Lyney. "Ah no it's fine, I can finish it off quick... But thank you for your offer I appreciate it." Lyney answered Y/n at first having a little grin on his face but then smiling brightly to her at the last sentence in which she returned with a smile back. "Oh yes, you asked me before about the prophecy, right? Let me start by telling you a little more about what it entails." He said. "I'm not sure exactly when it began, but a prophecy has been circulating aroubd Fontaine..." He started.

"It says that every person in Fontaine is born with "sin"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"It says that every person in Fontaine is born with "sin". No matter how the Nation of Justice holds trial after trial, this sin cannot be absolved. Until one day, the water levels in Fonataine will rise, and the sinful people will slowly be drowned... In the end, the people will be dissolved into the waters, and only the Hydro Archon will remain, weeping on her throne... Only then will the sins of the people people of Fontaine be washed away." He finished.

"That sounds pretty gloomy... Why are people in Fontaine born with sin? What is that supposed to mean?" Paimon questioned not understanding why. "There are lots of guesses... Some say that the ancestors of Fontaine stole the power of the seas, and stirred its wrath. Other say that the people of Fontaine never heeded the firsg Hydro Archon's warnings, and offended Celestia..." Lyney answered. "But, here in Fontaine, evidence is what matters. There hasn't been concrete evidence for any of these claims, so they can only be regarded as conjecture." He adds. "If even the people in Fontaine don't know what sin they committed, wouldn't it be better just to ignore the prophecy completely? Why bother feeling guilty all the time?" Paimon said wondering why people don't ignore it. "That's exactly what the people did at first. But... in the last few years, the water levels in Fontaine have actually started rising." The brother of the two siblings said. "But now the water is engulfing our memories..." Aether mumbled under his breath. "It won't be long before it engulfs us." Y/n finishef the sentence. Lynette sighed. "Many places have already been completely submerged and now lie beneath the sea." She said. "Many people carry on with their lives as before and shrug it off as a "natural phenomenon", but my family and I think that the people of Fontaine shouldn't ignore the possibility, which would end up sentencing them to death." Lyney added to his sisters sentence. "We hope that at least the people whoe reside near the waterfront can move away before it's too late, so we've started distributing Magic Pockets to them. As a magical item, these Magic Pockets have an astonishing capacity. I'm sure they will come in handy when people are moving their belongings." Lyney says talking about a magical item called 'Magic Pockets'. "Oh, Paimon gets it! It'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧!" Paimon says finally understanding and feeling quite overwhelmed. "If the prophecy is true... 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫?" Y/n asks. "Hmm, 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞. 𝐇𝐞𝐡𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬? 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬." He answers her while looking at her.

"𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤" 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠..." He started and then went right infront of Y/n. "So wait for me love~" He said while smirking and then kissing her cheek making her shocked a bit. She blushed a light shade of red because of the pet name and the kiss while Lyney just grinned. Aether saw that and got really jealous at what he did. Lyney noticing that stuck his tongue out at him and then run off with Lynette behind. "See you then!" Lyney yelled while winking at Y/n and running. Y/n put her hand on her cheek while looking at his running figure still quite shocked. Aether at that moment was really mad. He wanted to beat that guy up for even daring to touch Y/n again. Aether went to Y/n and took her hand. "Let's go." He said and then started to walk while just Y/n went with and paimon followed them.

As Lynette and Lyney were walking to the destination Lynette was very pissed at him for kissing Y/n. She wanted to punch him. But she just followed him with her hands squeezed into a fist.

Why is she feeling like this? She doesn't know. But what she does know is...

she hates this feeling.