Chapter 3: Adapt & Survive

1-24-2024

Bright white light welcomed me as I snapped open my eyes

Bright white light welcomed me as I snapped open my eyes... no, optics. I let out a soft groan, alerting the medic busily working on the other side of the room. Along with Jazz
I vaguely remembered the dream I had while... asleep.

I tried to sit up, only to be gently pushed back flat. "Relax." Jazz smiled, and I relaxed. Why was I relaxing? Why... was I so calm...?
Why did the spark remain so gentle and soft, while my mind was ragged and shredded? I let out a deep sigh. "W-what happened." I said hoarsely, sounding staticky and rough.

"The strain caused you to nearly fail. Luckily, after a painstaking mission, we were able to get what we needed to stop the failing all together." Jazz replied, I let out a deep sigh.

I had nothing to say to those words, even if I did, I wouldn't say them. Why did they keep me alive?

I closed my optics, as I quietly documented the various files I now had. I went over them quietly.

Apparently, I had battle protocols, sparkling protocols, and loyalty-grouping protocols.

It was confusing, I was now a living, mechanical biological being, but I had lines of coding and information deep in databases to be easily accessible. I wanted to learn a bit more about each of the so called 'protocols', but I was unsure about how to do so, until I unknowingly pulled it up.

Battle protocols:

Sword & Blaster; offline

Shielding; enabled

Cloaking; enabled

Sparkling protocols:

Protection; offline

Pinpointing; offline

Carrying ability; offline; currently outside of heat cycle

Bonds; offline; currently no spark bonds with any sparkling

Loyalty-grouping protocols:

Protection; enabled

At least I found the source of the loyalty that's lying in wait. I was about to check out other information, when I heard Jazz say something. "And she's already in recharge." He said before sighing.

"No, I'm not." I said, peeking open my optics and looking over at them. "I was just looking at my files." I said boredly. "How-?" Ratchet started, I cut him off.

"Look, I don't know how, and I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be the master at looking at my own files this soon. Nor do I want to talk about it." I said grumpily before looking back at the ceiling.

"I can see why you don't. Considering certain files are... rather private." Jazz said awkwardly. "Uh-huh, like the 'Sparkling Protocols'?" I said grumpily. I looked back at them as Jazz made a very awkward and uncomfortable expression as he placed a servo on his faceplates.