chapter eleven

11 - Unseen

A few days passed to the 20th of May. Taehyung was coming out of the police station.

"So close, I almost got away this time." Taehyung said in relief and put on his hoodie before sit was pulled down gain by someone.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung!! How many times do I have to beg you to stop doing this." Jisoo appeared behind him.

"Jisoo-yah~ What brings you here?" Taehyung put his arms around the girl's shoulder, pulling her with him as he walked. Jisoo didn't say anything and just walked with him through the bridge.

"Are you heading home?" Jisoo asked.

"Yeah..."

"I think Joohyun unnie is back... Last time, after you left I heard unnie's voice..."

"Did he trouble you again?"

"No..? But, you're looking at that? I said your sister might be back! Taehyung! Are you thinking properly?"

Taehyung sighed. He knew that she might have been back. He heard Seokjin call her during their hangout. He didn't want to believe it as he hadn't heard from her after she left for Jeju for work related reasons.

Every since that, Taehyung's goal changed to protecting Jisoo and her brother. Then only can Taehyung be at peace knowing that his father wouldn't hurt the ones he cares for. Taehyung stopped below his house, hesitating to go back inside. Jisoo was already at the stairs, waiting for him.

"God... I hate this..." Taehyung said to himself as he joined Jisoo.

"Ahhh!!"

"Ahjussi, please stop!!"

The screams surprised Jisoo and Taehyung who rushed up immediately.

"Junsoo-yah!" Jisoo called. The scared boy immediately ran into the warmth of his sister. Taehyung stood there still.

"Taehyung hyung! A-ahjussi is beatting up J-joohyun noona for g-iving me some t-toys. I'm sorry!" The little 9 year old boy cried with guilt.

That was the final straw for Taheyung. He was mad with rage filling every bit of him. He barged in the apartment room but Jisoo held his arm, stopping him from acting rashly. However, Taehyung was blinded by rage.

He took one of the bottles outside Joohyun's room and broke it, revealing its sharp edges. Jisoo shrieked at the sound of it breaking as she hugged her brother who shivered in fear.

Taehyung then ran into the the Joohyun's room where his father was beating her. Joohyun saw his return after hearing Jisoo and her brother.

"Taehyung apologise to your father and go to your room." Joohyun said as she wiped her tears.

"You're not going anywhere, you f**k! Get back here! Who do you think you are to go out and come back whenever you like huh?!"

His father began forwarding toward Taehyung but Joohyun stopped the elder man with all the strength she had. The man then slapped Joohyun to get her out of the way.

"Noona!" Taehyung called out in worry.

"Just go!" Joohyun screamed back.

Taehyung couldn't stand still no longer. The man had hurted them a lot since they were younger. The fact that he even hurted Jisoo and her brother when Joohyun wasn't around, angered him even more.

He took a tight hold of the broken bottle he had in hand as he thought of his childhood days where he was told by Joohyun to not take her place and let her get beaten as she'd get really upset If he did so. He had no choice but to be a coward and hide in tears as he witnessed his father hit his sister.

He held the bottle up high and charged toward his father aiming to hurt him a bit so he'll stop. However, his aim had betrayed him, ending up with him hurting his father badly...

The neighbors had heard all the commotion and called the cops this time, getting tired of all this. Jisoo covered her brothers eyes. This wasn't something kids like him should be seeing at this age. Joohyun looked at Taheyung in shock. Not expecting him to kill their father.

Taehyung was blinded by rage. He didn't want to kill him, it was an accident. He looked at his now bloody hands as he heard the cops below. The two girls looked at him in fear. He was going to get caught.

Joohyun quickly stood up and took a hold of the weapon used for murder causing Jisoo and Taehyung to look at her

"Unnie... No... Don't touch that." Jisoo pleaded. Taehyung looked up to his sister in tears which was quickly replaced with shock. The cops barged in to see the mess and Joohyun holding the weapon. They quickly took her into custody, handcuffing her and taking her away.

"Noona!..." Taehyung called out, standing from the floor. The cops took Joohyun down the building as Taehyung, Jisoo and Junsoo chased after, finally getting a chance to talk once they reached the police car.

"Noona... why.... why did you do that?..." Taehyung began crying. Joohyun wiped his tears with her handcuffed hand.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. Just take care of Jisoo and Junsoo like you have been, okay? Just think of this as a way of protecting you cause I'm your elder sister after all... Aren't I?..." Joohyun said.

"But you always protected me since when we were kids. This isn't fair. I did this!" Taehyung screamed.

"No, I did. The proof is on me." Joohyun said and got in the police car with he cops. Taehyung bursted out crying and leaned onto Jisoo who was in tears as well.

...

Seokjin was sitting on top of the compartment with Namjoon. Below them were Jungkook, Yoongi, Jimin, Chaeyoung, Lisa, Jennie, and Hwara playing and goofing around as if nothing had happened these past few days.

"You did a good job in busting Jimin out." Namjoon praised.

"Did I do good?..." Seokjin asked, not sure if he did.

"Sure you did! Look how much happier he is now, with everyone! I'll be honest, it wasn't a good idea to break him out of the hospital, but Seokjin, just image how suffocating it must've been to be locked up in there for so long..

..Chaeyoung had been asking about him since we all last got together. Just think how bad Jimin must've felt to ghost her out of his will, right after getting together. At least he gets to breathe in some fresh air and be with all of us. You gotta breathe before you think about anything,you know..

..Right?" Namjoon spoke well as Seokjin listened and felt happier, removing all the doubts in his chest.

"Oh, yeah! How's Taehyung?" Seokjin asked after a few minutes.

"Right. I missed his call, called back, didn't pick up." Namjoon replied.

"I'm actually worried about him." Seokjin looked at him at that sentence. Namjoon explained how he busted into his compartment after vandalizing again and how he saw him covered in bruises again.

"Taehyung ain't to big in talking about his personal life. Not even to Jisoo or his sister. He just smiles and snaggers, it's like I'm loosing my mind when he smiles like that." Namjoon said as he relaxed himself into a comfortable sisting position.

"I should get going. Hwara-yah! Let's go?" Seokjin asked Hwara as he got down to the ground. Just as he got down, Hoseok arrived in his motorbike.

"Guys!!! Joohyun noona and Taehyung......"