chapter eight

08 - At Last

After Seokjin's departure, the medical team ensured Yoongi's stability before transferring him to a hospital room. There, Jennie, Jungkook, and Lisa stayed, hoping for his recovery.

Jennie succumbed to exhaustion, her head gently tilting onto the bed's edge near Yoongi. Jungkook and Lisa found solace on a modest sofa found in the room, with Lisa eventually drifting into slumber against Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook tried getting some sleep too but he couldn't, seeing Yoongi in this situation. Eventually, he rose, gentley adjusting Lisa's position before seeking the comfort of the night air by the window.

It was then that Yoongi stirred from his deep slumber, the foggy memory of Seokjin and Jungkook's urgent rescue when he desperetly wanted to leave.

In the quiet of the night, Yoongi sat up from the bed to see a sleeping Jennie with her head rested upon her arms beside him. Gathering the remnants of his strength, he attempted to stand, only to pause as another figure caught his eye—a silhouette that belonged to Jungkook, by the window.

"Yoongi... are you alright? I'll go get the doctor." Jungkook asked, his voice full of concern.

"I thought for sure I was going to die right there and find some peace at last." Yoongi muttered, his eyes closed.

"But then... some people just had to drag me back to hell. That was you and Seokjin. I don't know why he's even back. But he just had to come and get me mad." Yoongi snapped, placing his hand on his forehead and sighing.

"Hyung! He saved your life. It would help if you were grateful that Seokjin and Hwara are back after two years. Ever since they left, we've all been falling apart. Don't blame Seokjin hyung like that." Jungkook said, his anger rising.

"Exactly, they shouldn't have left us like that. Then none of this would have happened." Yoongi said bitterly.

"Yoongi hyung! Stop blaming all this on them! They didn't cause any of this, we did. They even blame themselves after seeing all of us in these states when it's not even near to being their fault." Jungkook yelled in the start, waking up Lisa and Jennie.

"Stop it, Yoongi. Don't blame them for something that happened between us. What are you trying to do, huh?" Jennie said, tears filling her eyes. Jungkook hated seeing his sister cry. He looked at Yoongi and saw that he was also tearing up, but not letting them out.

"I'll give you guys some time to talk things through. You guys have to promise me to talk and not fight though. Okay?" Lisa said, flashing them a small smile to the three and leaving the room.

"Hyung... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have gotten angry at you like that." Jungkook said, taking a few steps forward to the elder male.

"I know what you've been thinking of since that argument. You're not the one to blame for anything. You haven't hurt anyone so stop being guilty. It's not your fault for what happened to your mom, me or Jennie." Jungkook said. Yoongi let his tears fall one by one, touched by Jungkook's words. This was exactly what he wanted to hear... but it didn't change his mind fully.

"Because of our argument and my mother always neglecting my presence as if I'm some kind of intruder, I really felt like dying. My family issues were helping me from the very beginning from my father's departure. But then I thought of you and Jennie and... Lisa. I feel the happiest when I'm with you guys. But we all have our own problems that cause some conflict between us..

..Jennie didn't tell me that our mother were hurting her because of me. She still hasn't, by the way. I found out by accident, when I came home late one night, hoping to die like always."