prologue

00 - Euphoria

Hwara sat alone in the dark room, her hands hovering over the piano keys. She felt a wave of nervousness, but as she touched the piano, memories flooded in—memories of Yoongi's laughter as he taught her and Jungkook to play. The joy from those days filled the room, pushing away the shadows.

With a deep breath, Hwara began to play the song that Jungkook had composed, with Namjoon. Her fingers moved gracefully, the melody breaking the silence. She closed her eyes and sang, her voice a soft beacon in the darkness.

Neoneun nae salm-e dasi tteun haesbich
(You are the sunlight that has risen again in my life)

She sang, filling the room with warmth.

Eolin sijeol nae kkumdeul-ui jaelim
(The second coming of my childhood dreams)

Moleugess-eo, i gamjeong-i mwonji
(I don't know what this feeling is)

Hogsi yeogido kkumsog-in geonji
(Could this be a dream too?)

Kkum-eun samag-ui puleun singilu
(The dream is a blue mirage in the desert)

Nae an gip-eun gos-e a priori
(Deep inside me, a priori)

Sum-i maghil deus-i haengboghaejyeo
(I'm so happy that I can't breathe)

Jubyeon-i jeomjeom deo tumyeonghaejyeo
(The surroundings become more and more transparent)

Jeogi meolliseo badaga deullyeo
(I can hear the sea from far away)

Kkum-eul geonneoseo supul neomeolo
(Across the dream, beyond the bush)

Seonmyeonghaejineun geugos-eulo ga
(I'm following this clarity)

Take my hands now

You are the 'cause of my euphoria

Hwara's eyes fluttered open to the sight of hundreds of people in the grand hotel's hall room, all on their feet, applauding her performance. The language barrier didn't matter; the piano's melody and Hwara's voice transcended words, weaving together in harmony.

The audience's enjoyment washed away her loneliness, filling her with a sense of accomplishment. She had fulfilled her friend's wish, sharing his song with everyone. Caught by this thought, she continued to sing, a wave of euphoria carrying her voice.

Close the door now

When I'm with you, I'm in utopia

She sang, the note lingering in the air.

🎶

{Flashback}

Jungkook, Lisa, Chaeyoung and Hwara were running in the hallways of their school, rushing to go out of the school gates. Seeing Seokjin waiting for them, they rushed towards him and got in the car.

"Shall we go then?" Asked Seokjin.

"Duh! Go Go Go!!" Shouted Lisa.

"Yess!! Let's keep it moving!" Shouted Chaeyoung.

"Let's go hyung!!" Jungkook and Hwara shouted.

"Jinxx!! Double Jinxx!! Triple Jinxx!! Jinxx Box!"

"Aww C'mon!" Hwara whined forgetting the Jinxx Box before Jungkook flicked her head.

"You can't talk dumb-dumb!" Said Jungkook.

The five of them sang and laughed as they drove to the beach, where the rest of their friends were waiting. They all had finished their extra classes and were ready to relax with them

"Catch me if you can!" someone shouted, and soon they were all splashing in the water, running on the sand, and trying to catch each other. They spent the day talking, eating, and teasing one another. They had fun together until the sun settled away, bringing the lovely moonlight.

{End Of Flashback}

🎶

The old memories caused the girl to tear up slowly.

"How did we all start separating after that last day together?" She thought. Even with all the thoughts, with a smile on her face, Hwara sang the last part of the song, not trying to think about it.

Molaesbadag-i gallajindaedo
(Even if the sand floor cracks)

Geu nuga i segyel heundeul-eodo
(Even if someone shakes this world)

Jab-eun son jeoldae nohji mal-ajwo
(Never let go of the hand you held)

"But isn't it you who let go of my hand though?" Hwara thought as a tear streamed down.

Jebal kkum-eseo kkaeeonaji ma
(Please don't wake up from the dream)

Jeogi meolliseo badaga deullyeo
(I can hear the sea from far away)

Kkum-eul geonneoseo supul neomeolo [jebal kkum-eseo kkaeeonaji ma]
(Across the dream, beyond the bush [Please don't wake up from the dream])

Seonmyeonghaejineun geugos-eulo ga
(Go to the place where it becomes clearer)

Take my hands now

You are the 'cause of my euphoria

•••

Close the door now

When I'm with you, I'm in utopia

The auditorium erupted in cheers and applause. Hwara stood, bowing deeply to the crowd. As she straightened up, she used the moment to discreetly wipe away her tears.

She scanned the room, her eyes finally resting on her friends. All 14 of them were there, smiling and clapping just for her. Hwara's smile widened at the sight; it was like living in a dream she never wanted to end.

But the dream shattered abruptly. Her friends started to fade from view, one after another, as if they were mere illusions. Only her brother, Seokjin, remained solid and real. Confusion and dizziness overtook her, and she fainted.

"Hwara!!" Seokjin's voice echoed as she fell into darkness.