chapter five

05 - On Loop

"Were those days repeating themselves over and over again?" asked Seokjin as he put his hands on his head.

"I had no idea!" Seokjin exclaimed.

"I didn't think you'd be in this loop too. I thought I was dreaming of seeing Eunbi unnie and Hoseok oppa dying but it turns out I saw them both with my own eyes in the loops." Seokjin looked up to Hwara in shock.

"When did you see that happen?" Seokjin asked.

Hwara's experiences, witnessing the deaths of Eunbi and Hoseok, were not mere dreams but actual occurrences within these loops that she just realized. The day at the cafe, which ended with Hwara's collapse and hospitalization, served as a reminder of the loop's reality.

{Flashback}

It was in the second loop. After her classes ended, Hwara tried to contact Seokjin to pick her up, but to no avail. After a while she walked the short distance , reaching a familiar dance studio once frequented by Jimin, Rosé, Hoseok, and Sinb.

She looked through the studio's windows and spotted Hoseok and Eunbi performing a dance they had taught her two years back. A wave of nostalgia washed over her, yet, similar to her hesitation like Seokjin's, she felt paralyzed to approach them. However the nostalgia didn't last long as Eunbi bumbed into Hoseok and tumbled onto a nail pointing out of the floorboard.

Injured and bleeding, Eunbi lay in pain. Hwara was frozen in shock and could only watch as Hoseok lifted Eunbi up slowly and ran outside to find a vehicle somewhere to get her to the hospital in time. Unfortunately, there were absolutely no vehicle in sight.

Rain began cascading down from the clouds that hovered the night sky, Hwara collapsed grasping for air. Her phone shattered the silence with an urgent call from the police station, bearing the news of Seokjin's accident and hospitalization. 

Amidst the chaos in the police station, a familiar voice pierced through- Lisa's please to the offices desperate for a glimpse of Jungkook's dead body that they found with Seokjin's injured ones. Hwara listened as she looked at Hoseok who was holding Eunbi in his arms crying to the heavens to bring her back to life.

{End of Flashback}

"We must save them, hyung." Hwara's urgent plea jolted Seokjin from his thoughts.

With a surge of resolve, Seokjin thought inwardly, "Yes, I came back in time!" His determination renewed, ready to face the challenges ahead.

.
.
.

Seokjin navigated the car through the twilight streets, Hwara beside him after completing her classes, as they made their way to the gas station. The sun had retreated, leaving the sky a canvas for the stars. On this 11th of April, the siblings were graced with an opportunity—a chance to set things right.

"Welcome," Namjoon's voice greeted them. Seokjin rolled down the window, revealing their presence to a stunned Namjoon.

"Seokjin?.. Hwara?.." he stammered in disbelief.

"It's been so long, hyung!" Hwara beamed, stepping out of the car. Seokjin followed suit, stopping the engine.

"How have you been?" Seokjin inquired.

"Fine, but when did you two return?" Namjoon queried.

"We've just arrived back in Korea," Hwara responded.

"Hey, Namjoon—"

"Hold on," Namjoon intervened, his attention diverted to a distressed Jeongyeon.

Seokjin and Hwara exchanged knowing glances, understanding the unfolding drama. With a subtle nod from Seokjin, Hwara approached Jeongyeon slowly as Namjoon attended the customer.