𝖝𝖎𝖛. The Righteous

          Thalia rushes back inside, despite her previous conversation with the Lars'

          Thalia rushes back inside, despite her previous conversation with the Lars'. She has no qualms in asking something from them after they so callously and inadvertently sent Anakin on a manhunt. She is past asking for their permission too.

          Owen's face is bright red when he sees her, apparently shocked that she'd even dare to turn back. "How dare you–"

          She holds up a hand. "I'm not here to talk to you. Threepio?"

          The droid shyly steps out of the dark, the light behind his eyes blinking at her. "Yes, your Highness?"

          Owen goes from red to white. He recognizes the Pelidians from the pictures at the bar. The engraved markings on her skin. His stupidity that knows no bounds. "You're not..."

          "I'm afraid I am," she answers absent-mindedly, focused on the robot. "Threepio, I need you to provide a holo-map to the Tusken Raiders home. Quickly, please."

          The droid gestures awkwardly, nodding. "Oh, of course, your Highness! It will be done in no time. Well, in some time, considering I first have to find an empty holo-map, and then triangulate–"

          "Just do it, please."

          Threepio leaves, and Owen is suddenly crowding her field of view, his father nowhere to be seen, Beru staring at her with wide, shocked eyes.

          "If I had known..."

          "Yes, I'd rather think you would have been more courteous."

          Thalia doesn't have the time to deal with any of it – not the pretense of suddenly respecting her, of suddenly listening and acknowledging her now that a title is attached to her name, not the way he suddenly cares for her well-being. She had seen the way they dismissed Beru entirely even if she was part of their family; Thalia would have no empathy for them, whatsoever. They were slave owners in more ways than one.

          Owen is relentless in trying to uphold his image of a decent man now that the girl was revealed to be a Queen, and didn't know how to take a hint.