𝖛𝖎. What Is Forbidden

          Queen Thalia is

          Queen Thalia is... unnerved. Upset. Frustrated. The main idea is that she wants to shove one of her blades through her own skull and be done with it. She misses Pelides, she can't say this enough, but going back like this... She wanted nothing more than to prove to her people that she was worthy.

          And now she was going back, because the Chancellor decided that she wasn't strong enough to protect herself and Padmé. She might as well have failure written across her monarch Markings.

          Cyran watches from the seat at the back of the shuttle to Coruscant's space station. Not only did they have to travel to Pelides, but they had to do it anonymously. At least that meant that Thalia was back in her footsoldier clothes. She loves the elaborate dresses, but they can get ever so annoying when running for your life.

          Perhaps even worse, they had to travel with Anakin Skywalker of all Jedi. She knows that he is at least as thrilled as she is to be on this mission – in fact, she revels in it. He had it coming – but she's not sure she can survive spending any more time with him.

          Case in point; as everyone is patiently waiting for the shuttle to land, sitting in their assigned seats, Anakin stands up and drops heavily on the seat next to her.

          She huffs. "Such grace, for a Jedi Knight."

         "Jedi Padawan," he corrects with a sour look. "How could I leave the Queen to wallow in her own thoughts when she pulls a face that tarnishes her beautiful traits?"

          Her scowl hardens. It makes him laugh. "If you've come here to joke, I'm not in the mood, Skywalker."

         "I would never joke about such things."

          "Anakin."

          "Thalia," he repeats in the same tone.

          She only glares. He likes to make her uneasy. She figures it must be vindicating to make the Queen upset. And going by that ego of his, Anakin loves to be vindicated. She doesn't think there's any more underlying reasons, because why would there be? She'd go on and on about the Jedi Order again, and that's a sterile conversation if she's ever heard one.