𝖎. Crash Landing

            It becomes clear to Thalia that Myriil got more than what he bargained for a week after landing on Naboo

            It becomes clear to Thalia that Myriil got more than what he bargained for a week after landing on Naboo. He wanted to make sure she was ready for the Senate, she wanted to feel useful. Somewhere in the middle, she ended up serving as Senator Padmé Amidala's bodyguard. And, maybe, a friend.

            A vote was to be held at the siege of the Galactic Republic, Coruscant, to decide the fate of the discord with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Separatists, a group of people who saw the Republic as tyrannical and corrupt. Which would have been great points if they didn't want to start a war against thousands of worlds over a political matter. The conflict was escalating at an unprecedented rate.

            And Thalia had no idea how they could even help, and the flight to Coruscant was excruciatingly long.

            "I don't see the use for a handmaiden," she tells Padmé on comm, as they fly their way into the atmosphere of Coruscant. "Guards are already too much. No offense, Cyran."

            Cyran, the only bodyguard Thalia has and will ever tolerate, casually nods. He's always listening in, if Thalia doesn't expressively ask him not to. "None taken, your Highness." Which is exactly why he is still around. He knows she's a warrior – and that if given the chance, she could beat him in a fight.

            Padmé smiles softly for herself, Thalia can picture it. She's 5 cycles her eldest, and reminds her of Shadril – or at least, the idea Thalia has of her. They didn't exactly grow up together, and the few times they met weren't the smoothest, were they?

            "It's because your idea of a handmaiden isn't the same as mine," she tells her, diplomatically. "Cordé, Dormé and Teckla are my friends." She turns a little more serious. "You'll find that a lot of politics are a matter of point of views."

             "A lot of those are point of views on things that shouldn't be up to discussion," she mutters under her breath.

             "Which is why people need Senators as opinionated as you. You care where most don't."

             Thalia doesn't like that logic. She thinks it's a never-ending cycle of hypocrisy, and doesn't know how she got into this mess in the first place. Caring for her people never seemed like anything else but natural. Now, it's an argument. It doesn't matter if it's in her favor when people's quality of life hangs in the balance.