𝖎𝖎𝖎. A Pretty Bait

            Sleeping never came easy for Thalia

            Sleeping never came easy for Thalia. Nothing ever did, she figures, but she really, really wanted to sleep.

            She just kept thinking about everything that the attack meant. Even if she wasn't the target of elimination, she had been too close. She didn't care about her fate, of course, but it could mean that Pelides had to get involved in whatever is happening with the Separatists. She may have a seat in the Senate, but she won't thrust her people into another war when the one against the Sun God's followers is just coming to an end.

            As of right now, the situation was nowhere that bad, but she had to be careful. She had to catch the person who tried to kill Padmé and get the final word in this story.

            Sitting on her bed as she gets ready to sleep, she watches as Padmé brushes through her long brown hair. Thalia changed and bathed earlier in the evening – quite right too, seeing as she was covered in ashes and soot – and was now wearing a Pelidian evening gown, a bright baby blue designed to divide into pants at the bottom. The fabric was fluid, and Thalia knew that it was meant to be fought in, if need be. The Pelidians are a warrior race, even in their most fashionable or vulnerable moments.

            "I could be your bait," Padmé says softly.

            Thalia blinks up at her. "And you would be a very pretty bait, but I won't let you put yourself in harm's way."

            Padmé does her best not to roll her eyes at her as she goes to sit next to her on the bed. "I'll be perfectly safe. You and our Jedi friends can step in the second real danger is here."

            She arches an eyebrow. "I don't see how they would help if they're mandated not to investigate."

            "I'm thinking they should do something in the event of my imminent death." Then, something mutinous glints in her eye. "Speaking of..."

            "Don't change the subject, I didn't agree with your idea."

            "I won't give you a choice," she answers simply. "Ani seemed quite smitten by you."