𝖛. Executive Orders

	            Anakin would love to pretend as though Queen Thalia did nothing to him

            Anakin would love to pretend as though Queen Thalia did nothing to him. He would positively be beaming if his oath to the Jedi Order wasn't shaken by a woman he had barely just met. But then again, what a woman.

            He figures that Obi-Wan must be wary of it. Or at least, aware that something is going on. He doesn't see how he wouldn't be, because he wasn't exactly trying to hide it. Not at all, even. He's just never felt this way, and he couldn't stop. He just couldn't, for the life of him, just stop. It was intoxicating.

            Thalia was intoxicating.

            Which explained why, despite the pressing matter the Jedi council was discussing, he kept zoning out and back to the night before.

            "Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan," Master Yoda tells them.

            "Most importantly, find out who he's working for," Master Windu adds.

            Obi-Wan frowns, ever so slightly. "What about the Queen and the Senator? They will still need protecting."

            Anakin bites back the urge to notify his Master that the Queen won't be happy about this.

            "Handle that, your Padawan will," Yoda instructs.

            The Padawan in question does his best to reel back the joy this brings him. Even worse; he can't wait to stick that in Thalia's face. He has to protect her. She will hate it, her ego will be bruised, and he'd have won their bizarre fight.

            "Anakin," Master Windu calls him, snapping him out of his daze. "Escort the Senators back to Pelides. Naboo would have been too obvious; Pelides is a neutral planet. No one will dare to attack. They'll be safe there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees."

            He can feel blood leave his face. From being overjoyed to hold something against her, he realized now that the task was simply impossible. "The Queen won't take this measure with grace," he tries. "It will be very difficult to get her to leave the capital." Or, like he said, just impossible.