"It's raining cats and dogs up there."

Was it? She didn't notice. Once again, her thoughts seemed to take all of her attention. She turned to face the Prince who was standing leaning on the door, smiling like a kid.

All wet. From head to toe.

"You did go upstairs, didn't you?" Freya asked glaring at him, fighting with her mouth not to laugh.

"Yup," he replied, grinning.

"And was it enough entertaining for your needs?" She chuckled watching his face light like the face of a child jumping in the puddles.

"Generously."

Noticing his wet clothes again, she decided it was a reason good enough for her to leave after all. At least to let him change in private.

"You should change. I'll leave you to it," she muttered after a moment, pointing at the dry clothes dangling from the chair.

"I'll see you in a minute." He winked, giving her space to cross the door.

Once in the hall, Freya decided it was a good time to check on Giselle. Maybe she was slightly overprotective right now but she had to calm her own senses.

"You alright there?" She asked, glancing at her maid's hidden figure. All she saw was an outline of a woman under the blanket.

"Yeah, although I want to puke all the time. Luckily I don't have anything left in my stomach." Giselle said tiredly, her head emerging from under the cover. "How are you though? It's rocking like crazy."

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. I was only checking if you need anything."

"Naah, I'm good... considering," she chuckled weakly. "Wasn't you supposed to be with Leander right now?"

This time it was Freya who chuckled. "I was, but the idiot decided to go upstairs to check things and ended up all soaked so I left him to change and meet in my room."

"Who would have thought an almighty, who knows how old, vampire would act like a teenager." Her maid frowned like a scolding mother.

"My thoughts exactly!" Freya laughed, happy that this time Giselle restrained herself from calling him a bloodsucker like she was very eagerly used to. "Either way, I'd better get going. He was probably ready in like ten seconds or so. Speedy vampire tricks, my ass."

Giselle nodded, once again hiding under the blanket. Only her tangled brown curls were left visible. Freya felt sorry for the woman, she hoped their sea-passing would end soon so she could return to being herself. Without further thinking, she aimed for her cabin.

The ship indeed rocked like crazy. She had to lean on the walls to avoid falling. The route to the cabin, which usually took her several seconds, stretched to minutes. The weather conditions weren't very promising. From above the deck, Freya could hear the voices of sailors working hard. The fight with the furious sea to keep the ship afloat was surely difficult and required enormous amounts of strength. She felt sad not being able to help. She was a lot of things but sailor was certainly not one of them.

Once in her cabin, she had to gather a lot of self-determination to approach the bed vertically. It was also challenging because of the floor being a battlefield of the storm raging outside. All of her stuff created one hell of a mess in the company of a few things originally being in the cabin.

"I hate clearing-ups," she muttered distastefully to herself. Seeing how everything was changing in mere minutes during this storm, she had started to worry if they were going to, indeed, be all right. And what the heck was Leander doing? She expected to find him already in her cabin.

A loud banging on the window frame pulled Freya out of her thoughts. Looking over, she saw a mass of water pressing against the fragile glass. That didn't look good. She was convinced that she was less than a moment away from the flooded floor. She had to do something about it. Even if the window was not very large and therefore probably its opening would not pose a threat to the ship, she wasn't very happy to think about all the cleaning she would have to do after it broke. She wasn't afraid of some physical work, but she simply hated having clearing-ups and would avoid it at all costs. Normally, Giselle would do it, but seeing her getting sicker and sicker every day, Freya would have to be a cruel woman to demand anything from her in that state. Seeing her usual glow slowly disappearing from her beautiful hazel eyes was torture.

With a sense of mission, she began to look around her surroundings, searching for a solution. From the first side, she spotted absolutely nothing, so she gathered some strength, stood up, and began some more solicitous search. Unfortunately for her, once standing by the window, it decided to crack open and a wall of water met her face.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Freya exclaimed.

Blinded by frustration, she didn't notice the door slightly opening as she moved closer to the damaged window. The hinges seemed to hold. She just needed to adjust the latch to make it hold better. This way it would not eliminate water ingress, but it was going to significantly reduce it. She even came up with the idea of strengthening the hold with a piece of string holding her hair. This way the window should endure.

"All you all right there, Frey?" Leander's voice snapped her out of focus. She turned, noticing his slender figure at the door making bold observations of her doings with a grin.

"Took you long enough," she snapped in reply. "Come and help me or I swear I'm going to force you to clean it all later!"

He chuckled. "I'd like to see you try," but seeing the issue being that much serious, he muttered, "I'll help either way, you bossy woman..."

While the Prince moved, obviously eager to help, Freya turned back toward the window, which was already at its breaking point. That's when she noticed another wall of water heading toward them. There was no way the current latch would hold, and there was no way Freya would make it settled in time. The sudden gust of the ship caused the woman to lose her balance once again, landing on her bottom with a sense of defeat. The strong wind caused the latch to loosen, opening the unfortunate window wide.

Pure instinct took over. Freya raised her hand to her face for protection. Frustrated, not knowing that her voice had even come from her chest, she screamed, "No!".

And that's when it happened.

Silence.

She didn't dare open her eyes, waiting eagerly for the moment when the wall of water would touch her body. It took her a while to understand, that it was not going to happen. She opened one eye, then the other. However, she had no time for deeper thoughts, because the loud voice of the Vampire Prince interrupted the terrifying silence.

"What the actual fuck just happened?!"