Chapter 2 : The imperial Elites !

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
__________________✿________________

I was standing in front of my wardrobe, getting ready for my first day at Embermoon Academy. It felt surreal, and I couldn't quite believe that it was actually happening. Part of me was still waiting for someone to wake me up, as if it were all just a dream.

I chose to wear a red tunic with beautiful embroidery and paired it with dark-colored pants. Braiding my hair into two tails, I added a small sparkling red stone as a decoration. Just as I finished, Lysandra entered my room.

"Use this. It might help with the scars." She said, handing me a small bowl filled with crushed substances.

Malcolm and Lysandra had worked tirelessly over the years to try and remove these scars from my face. They made me try countless remedies and skincare routines, but nothing seemed to work. My scars remained steadfast, like undefeated warriors.

"What is this?" I asked, curious about the contents of the bowl.

"Those are petals from the luminescent blossom tree. They bloom only once a year. Luckily, I happened to pass by and saved some for you. These act as a natural cleanser, giving your skin a radiant and refreshed look." She explained.

"Why bother? The scars won't disappear. They are a part of me." I replied, frustration evident in my voice.

"Let me tell you, those parts of you are unsightly. You should consider removing them if you don't want to scare people away at the university." She responded harshly, then walked out of the room.

Sighing, I applied some crushed petals to my face. After waiting for an hour, I washed them off and carefully examined my reflection in a small hand mirror. My skin did look more radiant, but the scars were still there, exactly where they had always been.

I never really understood why scars were seen as something undesirable. To me, they represented the battles I had fought and the hardships I had overcome. I was proud of them, and others should be too. There was no need for pity or fear when people saw me with my scars.

In fact, my face scars were far less daunting than the scars I carried on my body.

I double-checked my school bag to make sure I had everything I needed: books, notes, a pencil, and an eraser. With my bag in hand, I left the room. While passing through the living room, Malcolm called out to me.

"Eliana, come here." He said.

I entered the living room and sat on the mat next to him. "Yes?"

"Good luck, my pride. I hope you study your best there and focus only on it. These emeraldites don't believe that a foreigner can best them, and I want you to prove them wrong, as you always have been. If they harm or humiliate you, simply consider it a reflection of their weakness, and ignore them. Then, surprise them when they least expect it. Show them what you can do." He smiled, with sincerity in his eyes.

"I promise you, I'll make you proud." I nodded, and he chuckled.

"Here, hail a carriage. You shouldn't tire yourself by going on a bicycle." He instructed, handing me some coins.

"But -" I started to protest.

"No more words. You shall do as I say." He commanded, his tone firm.