𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

Start from the beginning

I followed her away from the boutique and pulled her into my arms once I caught up to her, "I'm so happy to see you." I whispered into her neck.

She held onto me as her life depended on it. We hadn't seen each other since leaving Mystic Falls.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I heard Stefan's voice say in a frustrated tone.

Kat pulled away from me followed by an eye roll, "You two look chummy. Klaus your new bestie?"

Stefan warned, "If he finds out you're in Chicago, you're dead."

She smiled sarcastically, "Happy to know that you still care."

A serious expression crossed my face, "No, he won't kill you. But you can't stay here."

She rolled her eyes, "Come on, Mila. You've been with him long enough. I'm lonely without you."

I nodded, pulling her into my side again, "I'll be out of here soon, I promise."

She suddenly turned toward Stefan with a mischievous smirk, "Tell me if I'm wrong: Rebekah's necklace that Klaus is looking for, that's the necklace that you gave to Elena."

My eyes went wide as the realisation dawned on me, not having thought about it before due to being too drunk or just didn't care enough to listen to their conversations.

The Salvatore man rolled his eyes as he moved to step away from us but I was quick to place my hands on his chest preventing him from going anywhere, "Wait. You're up to something. Tell me."

"They don't know where the necklace is. I just have to keep them from figuring it out. I have it all under control." He told us.

Kat scoffed, "Please tell me you have a better plan than that."

"You do," I said with a frown. I could always tell when he lied, "Come on, Stefan."

My best friend rolled her chocolate brown eyes, "Whatever you're planning, it won't work. You're not the diabolical type."

He shrugged, "Well, if the most diabolical women I know can't seem to figure it out then I must be doing something right."

I hummed, "Right. You bad now."

"Don't get too cocky." The Petrova girl said, "Klaus is smarter than you. He's smarter than everyone."

Stefan shrugged as he started to walk away, "Stefan," I called out to him but he ignored me. I rolled my eyes turning back to the brunette girl, "I should get back before they suspect anything. I'll see you soon, Kat. I'll call you later."

She nodded, "Be safe. Love you."

I blew a kiss in her direction before walking back to the store.

𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 at Gloria's as she tried to find the necklace. I was sipping on baileys I made myself as she sat on a stool with her eyes closed, chanting.

"You've still not got anything?" The blond man complained.

The older-looking woman rolled her eyes, "It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on."

"So use me," Rebekah immediately said as she jumped from her place on the bar, "I only wore it for a thousand years."

"See? Now this one offers a solution." The girl approached the witch as she lit the candles with her mind once more, "Give me your hand, sweetheart." She chanted for a moment before speaking, "I can sense something." Everyone's attention was drawn to the two as we awaited the outcome. It didn't take long until she pulled away from Rebekah with a serious expression, "I found it."