Chapter no.101 Meeting Shimura Danzo

Start from the beginning

"Hey, when you've got skills like mine, even taking a dump is an adventure."

The recruit laughed, shaking his head. "Weirdo," he teased, turning back to the sink.

Naruto, flipped him off with his middle finger as he walked out the door.

After Naruto had left the bathroom, the seemingly ordinary ANBU recruit spoke into his palm, where a hidden Fuinjutsu array was etched.

"Subject Naruto Uzumaki has left the stall after a time period of three hours. Chakra fluctuations at an all-time high. Awaiting further commands," he reported in a low, discreet tone.

His voice was devoid of the casual, playful tone he had used with Naruto just moments ago.

A response came through the Fuinjutsu array, a voice that held authority and command. "You are dismissed, Root Agent Beetle," it ordered.

Upon receiving the command, the Root Agent Beetle – began to dissolve into a mass of insects. The insects swarmed for a brief moment before scattering in different directions, disappearing without a trace.

...

Naruto felt the air in the hallway grow chilly, causing goosebumps on his skin. The low light from the dim lanterns cast long shadows across the polished wooden floor, creating an eerie feel in the usually tense but energetic ANBU headquarters. The silence around him was deep and almost overwhelming, a stark contrast to the usual subtle hum of activity in the building.

With every sense on alert, Naruto moved cautiously towards the door. His hand lightly touched the wood, feeling its grain under his fingertips. As he pushed the door open, it creaked softly, breaking the heavy silence.

Inside the room, Naruto was met with an unexpected sight. An old man sat at his table, his face lined with age and a large part of his body covered in bandages. Despite the charged atmosphere of the room, the man exuded a sense of calm and tranquility. In front of him was a shogi board, set up and ready for a game, as if inviting Naruto to join in a quiet battle of wits.

[ Alert: World Quest ]

[ Quest Title: Shogi Match: A Game of Fate ]

[ Objective: Engage in a high-stakes shogi match. Your life and future hinge on the outcome of this game. Play wisely and make strategic moves to secure victory. ]

[ Rewards: ? (To be revealed upon successful completion of the match) ]

[ Failure: ? (Consequences unknown, potentially severe and life-altering) ]

[ Action Required: Acceptance or Declination of Quest ]

Naruto hesitated for a moment, carefully taking in the old man's appearance, but no signs of aggression or deceit showed on the elder's visage.

[ Name: Redacted ]

[ Level : Redacted ]

[ Role: Redacted ]

Remembering the advice Dragon had given him about the virtue of patience, Naruto held back his urge to immediately start asking questions or throwing around Jutsus at the old man. Instead, he took a deep, calming breath and settled into the seat opposite the old man at the shogi board.

As Naruto focused on the game before him, he realized that it was his turn to make the first move.

A sigh escaped him, a mix of exasperation and recognition of the gravity of the moment.

Naruto used Spirit Possession.

With Sherlock's essence guiding him, Naruto's perception of his surroundings became extraordinarily vivid. Every shogi piece, every line on the old man's face, and even the soft ticking of a clock in the room.