Chapter eleven: Got accepted

Wei Ying appeared behind Sima Yan, and had a grim look on his face.

"What did you do?" Sima Yan asked.

"Nothing," Wei Ying had an innocent look on his handsome face.

"What do you mean nothing. You've done something, haven't you?"

Wei Ying shook his head, and smiled at him.

"I managed to get into the alchemy school."

"Are you an alchemist?"

"Yeah, kind of."

Sima Yan and Wei Ying walked back to the inn.

"How did you get in?"

"It's the exercises I practice. Frankly speaking, I'm now at the early stage of Divine demon. To be in the academy I also practiced the normal cultivation."

"No one will know you're a ghost cultivator?"

"Probably," Wei Ying sighed.

"The test's tomorrow. Can you really make alchemy?"

"Do you doubt me?"

"No. It's just... I'm may not be powerful enough to get in."

"You should believe in yourself. Even though you just started cultivating, I believe you can defeat a cultivator at Rapturous spirit realm."

"Don't say that, I'm in the early stage of Aubade spirit realm. I didn't just start cultivating, you chick," Sima Yan looked a little furious.

After about an hour Sima Yan finally calmed down, and looked at Wei Ying.

"Just why did you apply?"

"I applied 'cause their books seem to catch my attention," Wei Ying answered calmly. He knew it was a lie, but what could he do?

He really had started to grow on Sima Yan. He didn't really admit it, so he told a lie without batting an eyelid.

"I might not really see you. Sleeping alone without knowing how you're doing.....I'll feel.... empty."

"That's your problem. The test's tomorrow. You should get ready," Wei Ying exited the room.

"Hmph," Sima Yan pouted.

The day of the test had arrived, and all the new recruits, and other students crowded the arena.

After so many rounds, it was finally Sima Yan's turn. He went on stage, and his competition was a young man in white with blue stripes.

He looked like a gentleman, and had an air of nobility around him.
"You killed my best friend, you whore. If not because of the rules of this competition, you'll be in your grave," the man said furiously.

The referee blew the whistle, and the young man came charging at Sima Yan like a raging bull.

Sima Yan jumped up, and landed on the man's shoulder. He was surprisingly light. When the man realized that Sima Yan was on his shoulder he went bunkers.

"You lunatic, how dare you?!!"

Sima Yan jumped off his shoulder, and kicked the man who went stumbling like a clumsy little bird.

When Sima Yan realized that the man was at the early stage of Pumpkin spirit realm, he remembered what Wei Ying said.

He got inspired, and decided to deal with the man well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wei Ying stood in front of the cauldron, and looked at the low level spiritual grasses that were given to him to make an elixir.

His competition had already started, and he still kept staring at the cauldron.

He started as his competition finished, and was grinning like a moron.

When he finished they both presented their elixirs to the teachers. In terms of quality, they were both low level.

In terms of effects, Wei Ying's own could make better effects, so he won.
He was taken as the personal disciple of the Dean of Pearl academy, Li Ming.

That lady's very ferocious, and is currently the best alchemist in Jinxing continent.

When he went to find Sima Yan, he found him sitting in front of a lotus pond, and looked extra bored.

The registration was already done, and they were both students of important people in the academy.

Pearl academy was a little weird. The academy allowed students to study from eighteen years to fifty years.

Regardless of your status, everyone in the school was the same, and were given the same treatment.

Wei Ying sat beside Sima Yan.
"Why so sad?" He asked.

Sima Yan looked up at him, and forced out a goofy smile.
"Why did you suddenly become stupid?" Wei Ying asked with a little disgust.

"I got accepted, and I became the personal disciple of the martial arts elder, but it's not worth celebrating without you."

"I also got accepted. The Dean of the school is an alchemist, and she made me her personal disciple. I guess, it's really not a big deal," Wei Ying said as he ruffled Sima Yan's loose hair.

"I mightn't see you everyday."

"Chill.... it's not like I'm gonna die, or something."

Wei Ying got up, and walked away. Sima Yan's eyes suddenly lit up, and his lips curled up into an evil smile.

He wasn't gonna let go of Wei Ying, eh?