Chapter 11: Kinda Tastes Like Blood Anyway

Word Count: 1564
Warnings:
- Language
- Violence

As Y/n sat alone outside, she took in the cool breeze and watched as the sky became darker. She thought about all that was said to her and everything she said to her mother. It was a bit harsh and she planned to apologise when she was let back in. She heard the front door open and watched as her mother came and sat down where Kyle was before. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, you were only trying to help."

"I was being too harsh." Y/n answered as her mother put an arm over her shoulder. "I'm sorry too." They shared a sweet hug and Y/n was let back inside.

They rest of the night was spent talking things through. She didn't come over for dinner, which disappointed Kyle a little but he knew that it must've meant that everything ended well between her and her mother.

-

Y/n walked up to her room after dinner and quickly got changing into her pj's. After she was done, she peered out the window into Kyle's room. He was on his bed reading whatever science fiction novel interested him now. She found herself staring at him, his hair spilling out the sides of his hat, his pj's crinkled and how they were sluggishly put on as the bottom of his shirt lifted slightly. His green eyes were glued to his book like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Though as she examined him, he realised he was being watched. His eyes shot up at hers but it was too late for her to look away. They watched each other for a moment until Kyle walked over to his window and opened it, Y/n did the same.

"You didn't come for dinner, so I'm guessing everything's good with your mom now, right?" He asked as he leaned out the window, propping himself up with both his hands on the bottom of the windowsill.

"Yeah, everything's fine now." Y/n sighed as she leaned on her windowsill also. "What are you reading?"

"Uh- just some science fiction thing I found in my dads study." He said as he held up the book.

"Is it good?" She asked again.

"Yeah, well I like it." Kyle answered with a very small smile. They didn't know what to say after that. They were silent, but they usually were so this didn't bother them much. It was a very comfortable silence, their focus went from each other to their surroundings. Though it didn't last long until Kyle said something. "You know, Mom actually wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come for dinner tomorrow, you, your mom and Brady."

"Yeah, we'll be there, definitely." Y/n answered as she back away from the window. "Anyway I should probably get to bed."

"Oh yeah, sure, I should get to bed too." He answered awkwardly as he backed from the window too. They gave each other a smile before closing the windows and curtains. The conversation didn't last long and it felt awkward, like something else should've been said instead, but neither of them knew what it was. They both couldn't help staring at each other while they were talking. There was just something about his face that Y/n couldn't stop staring at. Maybe it was his eyes, his hair, his bruised skin. Whatever it was, it made her feel fuzzy and weird and awkward. She wasn't sure if she liked it.

Kyle was drawn to her in the same way, with the same weird awkward feeling, he didn't know what it was either but he wanted to know more. He wanted to feel all of it and know everything about it.

-

School the next day was just like every other day. She sat next to Kyle in two of her classes. But they didn't say much, as per usual. She sat with the girls and Tolkien at lunch and listened to Wendy faun over Stan. Bebe was talking about her new found crush on Clyde and that they really hit it off at the party.

"You face is fucked!" Cartman yelled loudly at Kyle. Everyone seemed to hear it, including Y/n and the rest of her table.

"Shut up, fatass!" Kyle yelled back in frustration.

"I'm not fat, I'm big boned, you pussy Jew!" Cartman yelled again, flicking whatever food he was eating at his face.

"Oh that's it, you fag!" Kyle yelled as he crawled over the table and lunged at Cartman, pushing him back onto the floor. Y/n internally sighed as she knew his injuries were going to get worse or open again. They started wrestling each other on the ground. Yelling slurs at each other and throwing pretty brutal punches. Small amounts of blood started to land on the floor as Kyle broke Cartmans nose and Kyles face wounds started to open again and get worse.

Instead of breaking it up, everyone watched this time. Until a familiar chef came and diffused the situation. "Children!" He yelled as he pushed through the crowd. "You two get off each other!" He said as he pulled them away from each other. Kyles eyes met hers through the crowd, she was disappointed to say the least. She spent all that time patching him up and talking to him about it, just for him to do it again.

She stormed off and out of the cafeteria, though Kyle followed. "Y/n, I'm sorry." He said to her as they got to the hallway.

"I spent hours cleaning you up. I'm the reason your face is gonna heal properly and then you go and fuck it up again." She told him angrily.

"Well, I should probably go to the nurses office then." He said he turned around and started walking.

"No, she's just gonna give you a Band-Aid and an ice pack. Come here." She told him as he turned back around. "There's a first aid kit in Mr Garrisons room, I'll go grab it, come on." He followed her to Mr Garrisons room then out into the unisex bathroom. He sat himself on the sink as he held the first aid kit in his hands.

She started the process again, cleaning all this wounds, bandaging them up and making sure the blood wouldn't go through. "You really have to control your temper." She told him.

"We'll it's Cartmans fault." He protested as she continued tending to his face.

"You lunged at him first." She told him and he nodded with a sigh of defeat. "I'm not doing this for you again."

"Your bluffing." Kyle said with a stupid expression. Y/n sent him a confused face. "If I came up to you, blood streaming down my face, you'd cave."

"Yeah sure." Y/n rolled her eyes. It was true. If he came to her door, teary eyed and blood all over his face, she patch him up without question. They went another minute without talking until Y/n pointed something out. "Your cheeks are swallow, not a lot but enough to notice." She put a hand to his bruised cheek and wiped a small spot of blood off.

"You notice a lot of things about me..." He said sort of breathy. He put a hand on her face as well two of his fingers going behind her ear.

"Your my neighbour, of course I do." She responded blankly. They were staring at each other. Y/n focusing on his green eyes and cut lips. Kyle was taking in her whole face, he scanned every bit of it. Y/n brought her face in a little closer, their noses were touching. Her hand moved from his cheek to the back of his neck, his other hand moved to cup the other side of her face.

Kyles head tilted slightly to the side as he moved a little closer. Y/n didn't protest but she was a little shocked at what was happening. As they got closer, they both closed their eyes. Their faces met, but their lips hadn't. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Y/n asked, practically breathing into his mouth.

"It doesn't matter much if it is or isn't." Kyle answered. "It feels..." He didn't finished since he didn't know how he felt, but Y/n understood what he meant. She gently connected their lips, trying to be conscious of his injuries. His lips were a bit dry, tasted a little like blood and had small cuts all over them but she di't focus on that. She focused on the feeling that drowned her when it happened, the weird, awkward sensation had dimmed down a little and it was just warm and fuzzy. Her lips were perfect, they were chapped, but not enough for it to be sticky and weird. After a couple seconds they broke the kiss and Y/n moved back to look at him. His face was bright red, even the tips of his ears and nose. Y/n was red, but not as much as he was.

"Ow..." He said softly. "Sorry, my lip started to sting."

"Yeah you kinda taste like blood anyway." Y/n responded as they stared into each others eyes. They still didn't know the feeling, but it was good, very very good.