|16| Miss You

Naris and Christina were finally ready to go. They'd gotten everything packed into his truck. He let her say goodbye to the few people in her life. They went back to his house to say bye to his family. He still wasn't too fund of speaking to his father but he couldn't blame Shayy. She walked into this and kept things under control. She was always there for him and moved mountains for him when needed. She only wanted to keep her husband out of jail for his family and that was nothing to be mad at.

"I'm gonna miss you." Shayy said hugging Naris tightly.

"I know Ma. I'm gonna miss you too. This is crazy." He replied with his arms wrapped around her.

"Well, you'll have some support down there. My mom will make sure you're okay. You're very well financially stable and Christina has some good recommendation letters from your father and I. Finding a job should be pretty easy. Just please wait on the children. Please."

"We will." Christina stepped up. "Birth control at it's finest." She pointed to her skin were the birth control patch was inserted.

"Thank you." Shayy hugged her and then Naris. "Please talk to your father."

"I will."

"Well, you two be safe and have fun. I'm going to go into the house and cry." Shayy quickly walked away.

"Why are you leaving?" Synyai stepped up and hugged her brother.

"To live my dreams." He kissed her forehead. "You're a dancer. In a few years, you'll be leaving too. Julliard is definitely going to want you and you'll have a million other dance school choices. The best part for you is that you'll probably get to travel internationally to dance. Ma isn't going to let you sleep on your dreams and neither am I. I love you butterball.

"I love you too gummydrop."

"Move, my turn." Juan pushed Synyai out the way. She pushed him back, making him stumble.

"You know she can kick your ass." Naris laughed at them. He pulled Juan into a hug.

"Whatever man. Can I come visit you?"

"Hell yeah, whenever you're ready. Spring break, Summer break, whenever they let y'all off, feel free."

"Okay. Cool." Juan smiled and went inside the house. He didn't see any reason to be upset that his older brother was grown and going to follow his dreams.

"Aye lil man, come here." Naris yelled out at Nigel Junior who was sitting on the front porch looking as if he'd lost his puppy. He shook his head 'no' at Naris and walked into the house.

"Awh babe, he's really upset." Christina said feeling a little choked up at the sight.

"Let me go talk to him." Naris went inside and found Junior in the den. "Aye lil man."

"Just leave." Junior folded his arm over his chest and pouted.

"I can't go anywhere without your okay." Naris sat down next to him.

"I don't want to give you my okay because I don't want you to go." Junior looked at him. Naris could see a hint of tears in his eyes. That alone made him want to reconsider his move. He wasn't trying to leave his little brother in that condition.

"I know. Nobody is ready for me to leave. It's just that I have to. I love you guys so much but I'm not happy with this area of my life and I want to follow my dreams. If I leave now, I'll be able to work with a dope group of people to get myself established. Would you rather me stay here and live off Ma and Pops or would you like to see my work all around the world? If you choose all around the world, whenever I get famous, you can have anything you want."