|14| Newspaper

Naris was in the process of packing up his things. He'd called his Nana and let her know that he would be down to Florida sooner than she expected. She was excited. He called Christina to make sure she was getting along fine with packing. He couldn't believe he was about to leave and start a new life with his woman and doing the things they loved. This was unbelievable. He could only pray that things with Christina worked out well like his parents relationship. They were definitely what you picture when the terms "relationship goals" came to mind.

Naris went through a ton of boxes in the house to make sure he got everything he needed. He packed most of his things that would be of use to him. He went into the kitchen and sorted through a box of paperwork making sure any legal files he would need for himself were available for use in Florida.

As he went through the box, he heard the front door swing open and slam shut. He got up to see who came in the house and was surprised to see Natasha. She'd clearly been crying and that instantly made him upset. He pulled her into a hug and held onto her tight.

"What happened?"

"Tjay is leaving in three days. He thought I killed the baby, so he enlisted in the Navy." She cried harder. "How am I gonna get through this without him?"

"You have mom and dad, Tashi. Syn and Juan are old enough to help and even Junior will be of some assistance. I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds are going to be happy about having a grandchild here. You have support. Of course whenever I return home or you visit me, you'll have support down there too."

"I can't believe you're actually leaving." She held on to him.

"I know. Some of us have to follow our dreams. Is Tjay saying things are over between you?"

"He wants to make it work. He wants me to sit around and wait on him. I don't sit and wait for anybody."

"Tashi, if you really love him , and as the mother of his child, you would wait. He's going a great thing for this country and it's not like he's telling you to sit and wait while he goes to prison. I think you'll be fine." He kissed her head. "Just, get some rest. I really don't want you to have any issues with my nephew or niece."

"Okay. Where's Mommy and Daddy?"

"Office. They had some kind of bored meeting. She wanted to wait for you but the meeting required  both them and Uncle Marcos."

"Damn, I really haven't been to work in awhile. I miss him."

"Yeah, me and Christina have been picking up the slack. We need the extra cash anyways for moving away."

"It's not like they're going to take away your accounts."

"I know but I want that money for backup just in case we have any issues or if Chris ever gets pregnant. I would like for my kids to be set. But listen, go rest. I have to finish packing."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Princess." Naris smiled and headed back into the kitchen.

He continued going through the files and sorted things out. He played him and the boys' latest mixtape. He was vibing and excited that he was going to get to follow his dreams. He could get to be around Shayy's family too. So it was going to be like a completely different lifestyle.

Going through the files, he fished out his birth certificate and his social security cards. He came across tax papers and check stubs that could be used for getting things in his name. He continued to see what was in the box. He came across some old newspapers that was in spanish. They looked to be decades old.