|15| A Mother's Job

1 week later.

The house was back to a bizarre vibe. Naris was in the process of loading his things into his truck for the move. He was still upset wit his parents and barely uttered a word to them over the last week. When at home, he spent his time in the studio. When at work, he avoided running into his parents. He couldn't believe such a secret was kept away from him. He wanted to get away from them as quickly as possible.

Natasha kept herself locked in her room. She only came out to shower and eat. She was sick to her stomach and heartbroken. It was official. Tjay had went off to basic training and the days weren't going fast enough. The baby was already kicking her ass by making her sick. She couldn't even stand to look at herself in the mirror. She looked pathetic and helpless. She felt like she was in a bad dream and there was no way out.

Shayy tried her hardest to keep everyone together. She felt like her family was falling apart. The oldest two were going through it and she still had to pay attention to the younger ones. With Naris leaving and Natasha sick, her motherly workload was doubled. There was never enough time in her day to make everyone happy, but she tried. She got up most mornings to take the kids to school and had to organize things around their extracurricular activities.

A mother's job is never done.

Synyai and Juan were still a year and a half away from driving and that alone didn't help. Nigel was spending more time in the office making sure numbers were on a steady incline. She just felt overwhelmed and needed some kind of release or break.

"Mama, are you okay?" Synyai walked into the kitchen. Shayy was in the process of making shrimp and sausage spaghetti. She looked tired and ready to collapse.

"Yeah baby girl, I'm okay. What's up?" Shayy turned away from the stove and looked at Synyai.

"I'm just checking on you. Things seem a little crazy around here. Plus I know Naris leaving isn't helping you feel any better."

"Well, you kids do have a life to live once you grow up. As much as I would love for him to stay home, I would love even more for him to have an opportunity to follow his dreams. I would love that for all of you."

"Well, if you ever need to vent, I'm here."

"I appreciate that baby. You are growing up so fast, I wish I could stop it for a few years. Soon, you'll be an adult and following your dreams." Shayy smiled. Synyai walked up and hugged her tightly.

"I love you mama."

"I love you more. Go get your brothers and let's eat." Shayy turned back to the stove and fixed four plates.

Synyai, Juan and Junior came back down the stairs. They washed their hands and grabbed a plate. The four of them sat at the table and ate their food. They shared stories with their mom about school, friends, and their activities. She was happy that they weren't going through anything traumatic and were enjoying growing up as kids should.

"I'm home." Nigel walked into the house with his briefcase and his laptop in tow. He set his things down in the den and walked into the kitchen loosening his tie. He was so happy to be home.

"Hi baby." Shayy smiled. He walked over and kissed her on the lips.

"Hi daddy." Synyai smiled at the sight of her parents. He kissed Synyai on the top of her head and moved along the table and dapped his sons.

"Ah, this looks good. Where's Naris and Natasha?" Nigel stood next to the table.

"Naris is over at Christina's and Natasha is passed out in bed." Shayy responded.