CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE FURRY SURPRISE'S MOM

We walk for a bit down the dark hallway until we reach a room that thankfully is lit with an orange light. There are some pillows and mattresses inside, and sitting on them is a bigger Snow Leopard which looks like a female and the mother of the one I followed. She looks at me curiously. She then turns to her son and seems to ask him some stuff in their Leopard language, which sounds like cat noises. She then turns to me and speaks in English, saying: "What were you doing in the dark hallways Hun? Other Leopards could've eaten you." Her voice is very sweet and motherly, causing me to feel very calm. "I fell in from the vents. I was trying to find my friend Puro." I tell her. "Ah, you were trying to find his Pillow Room right? Well you're a long way from it Hun. I guess it would help to know that not all of the vents lead to there." She says. 

"Oh, Well that makes it a little difficult heheh." I say, trying to make a little joke. "Heh, I suppose it does. I can help you find it if you like." She says kindly. Her offer makes me feel even better about my situation, and I respond to her saying: "Thank you, I'd really like that." She gives me a kind smile back and gets up off the mattress and pillows. She's pretty tall compared to me. She looks about 4 feet taller than me. "May I pick you up Hun?" She asks me. The offer catches me off guard for a moment. "Uh, yeah sure that's fine." She then wraps her arms around me and picks me up, holding me up against her chest and neck fluff.

She turns to her son and asks: "Stay here while I'm gone ok Flake? If Daddy comes home tell him where I went." Flake nods and sits down on the pillows. She then walks out of her little room, holding me in her arms. She crouches and then jumps onto the ceiling, digging her claws into the roof as she takes a vent cover off and crawls into it. "Wow, you're very acrobatic!" I exclaim to her. She gives a happy purr to my compliment. "thank you Hun. My mother could do this with only her feet. I'm more of a Hands Leopard though." 

She crawls through some more vents heading upwards, while she holds me comfortably against her. I nuzzle against her a little, enjoying the comfy moment. her fur and warmth can make anyone feel safe, especially me. It's pretty funny how just a couple minutes ago I was scared out of my mind, but now I'm as calm as can be and snuggled against a sweet Leopard who's taking me back to my friends. Funny how things work out. She stops at an intersection in the vents and sniffs around. She then determines where to go and crawls down an another vent. Eventually we make it back to the Hidden Rooms! "Hey we made it back!" I exclaim. "Expecting somewhere else Hun?" She says to me. She moves around the rooms some more until we reach the Pillow Room.