CHAPTER ELEVEN: BACK TO THE SURFACE, AND INTO DARKNESS

After swimming around a little more, I decide to head back up. I look up to the surface and I find we've actually swam down a long way! The top of the water is just a light that lights up the bottom and it doesn't look like there's even a surface to this water. I turn to TigerShaak and ask him: "How deep is this place? It looks like it could go on forever!" "I think the entire pool is a good mile and a half from top to bottom, same for its width too." TigerShaak says to me as he visualizes the sizes with his hands. I take a minute for that to set in before saying: "Woah, that's a lot of water..." TigerShaak nods and says: "yup. Lotta water indeed." 

Squidy swims over to me asking: "Whatcha talking about?" "I'm thinking about going back up to the surface. I want to explore the other places in this building if you don't mind." I tell her. She gives me puppy eyes and holds my arm gently, saying: "Aww don't go already! You've only been here for an hour!" TigerShaak swims up to her and says: "stop being clingy Sis. If he's gotta go he's gotta go." She gives him an annoyed look. "ugh, fine... promise you'll come back though ok stranger? " She says to me as she pulls me closer to her. "Heheh ok I promise!" I tell her. She gives me a tight hug saying: "Thank you! Heheh we're gonna have so much fun later on!"

After she finally lets me out of her tight grip, TigerShaak takes me back up to the surface. I start to see the bridge that stretches out in the middle of the pool. I come up out of the water beside it and climb onto it. I look around, but Puro and Purr aren't here.

"Hey, where's Puro and Purr?" I ask to TigerShaak. He looks around and says: "seems they went off. Don't worry, they shouldn't have gone too far. Just walk around for a little bit and you'll find them!" I give him a nod and say: "ok, thanks TigerShaak." "You're welcome!" He says before diving back under and going back to the deep end. I walk across the bridge and reach an area with three doors. I chose the middle door, but once it opens and I see it's completely pitch black, I decide to go for the right door. I walk down the hallway for some time, before I reach a vent that looks like it can be entered. Maybe I can just crawl in the vent and meet Puro at his Pillow room! That is if all the vents are connected.

I take the vent cover off and crawl into it, putting back on the cover behind me because I just feel safer that way. I crawl through the vent for some time, a very long time actually. The vent also seems to be getting darker as I go on. I then step on a weak panel that breaks and I fall down through the vent, through the roof under it, and into a pitch black room, my only light being the hole from the vent. Unsurprisingly that goes out too, and now I'm completely left in the dark. I decide to carefully walk for a bit around the room. I get against what feels like a wall and walk beside it. I bump into some boxes and step on what feels like tools. Maybe I can find a flashlight!

"Hello?" I say sheepishly as my childhood fears of the dark creep back in. My voice seemed to echo through the room so I'm guessing it's a big room. I notice two lights in the room that were a good several feet away from me. They aren't bright but I can definitely see them, I then eventually realize those aren't lights... those are eyes in the dark. I look at it and it looks at me. I couldn't be more scared right now. I'm helpless in the dark, with who knows what starring at me. It slowly starts getting closer to me, making a low cat like noise as it does.