CHAPTER NINE: TIGERSHAAK

After a while Puro and Purr get their pancakes made and sit down with me at the table. I know it might sound silly, but sitting here eating breakfast with them feels like we're a family. Puro being my dad and Purr being my mom. I didn't say anything about it though. I didn't want to make anyone feel awkward first thing in the morning. Eventually we all finish eating and put our plates away. I turn to Puro and ask: "So, what we gonna do today?" "Well," Puro begins, "Perhaps we could introduce you to some of our friends! I know they'd love to meet you!"

 Purr beside me nods at Puro's statement as she looks at me. "Alright." I say, "Let's do that then! Sounds like a peaceful thing to do in the morning." Puro and Purr give me a happy smile, and then lead me through the library and into a hallway. We walk for some time, turning corners and walking down stairs. Eventually we make it to a door. There's a water symbol next to it, so I'm guessing this is a pool room! We walk inside, and there's a long stretch of floor that goes between two giant tanks of water that seem to connect under us. I look down, and see the faint shadow of creatures swimming in the depths of the pool.

"Woah. How deep is this pool?" I ask. Purr leans next to me and simply says: "Deep..." I can't help but laugh a little at how she speaks. She really is an adorable latex girl. We walk along the stretch of floor till we reach a metal ladder that goes into the water. Puro grabs a metal poll that was laying right beside the ladder and hits the ladder with it. The ladder vibrates and creates ripples in the water, sending the "dinging" noises it makes deep into the water. Puro seems to be doing it in some pattern. I don't know if it's Morse code or just a secret ding pattern, but he's definitely calling someone.

Eventually a shark like latex comes out of the water. He's wearing a dark blue full body swimsuit, and a pretty cute hairstyle. "Hoy! How ya doin mate?" Oh my goodness, he has a British accent. Puro bends down to him and says: "Hello TigerShaak! I wanted to introduce you to our new friend Colin!" He throws his paw over to me as he introduces me. "Hi!" I say to TigerShaak. He tilts his head at me and says: "Woah! You're not very much like the others are ya? Not even a tail or ears I see." I laugh a little at his reaction to me. "Heheh yeah I know. I'm a human! They don't have tails or fur like you guys do." 

TigerShaak looks at me for a moment, before seeming to understand that information. "Ah. Alright. Anywho, would you care for a swim? The waters very warm today!" He exclaims. I look down into the water, and then to my clothes. I'm still wearing my hoodie and pants that I found yesterday, and they're not exactly ideal for swimming. "Do you have any swimsuits I can wear?" I ask him. TigerShaak looks at me, as if that was the stupidest question in the world. He then laughs a little and exclaims: "You don't need a swimsuit Colin! Those clothes will dry just as good as any! Jump on in!" 

I kinda want to persist in getting a swimsuit first, but TigerShaak is so positive in his speech, and I don't feel like arguing with such a nice person. "Heheh. Alright fine." I say to him. I take a view steps back on the platform, and then jump into the water, forming a cannonball as I jump. I feel the water surround me as I jump in and create a splash on the surface. I open my eyes, and see the deep blueness of the water around me. I can actually see pretty well, and it is pretty warm... 

hold on... 

AM I BREATHING UNDERWATER???