CHAPTER THREE: THE LAST HUMAN?

My eyes widen and a cold feeling shoots down my body. Humans are dead?.. like, all of them? Am I the last one?! "E-Excuse me?" I say to the male Latex, trying to see if he made a mistake in speaking or something. But he repeats what he said before, saying: "Humaans Dead." My nervous smile fades, and now I'm visibly scared. "Why are they dead?.." I ask in a scared tone. The male Latex looks at me and then looks down at the floor, as if he's trying to remember why. He then looks back up at me, but his face looks angry. He then raises his paws like he's about to attack me and says: "Humaans Evil!" The rest of the Latex wolfs in the room look at me with the same expression, and they all look like they want to kill me. The female Latex behind me is the only one that doesn't want to kill me, and she tries to speak to the other Latexs. It sounds like she's trying to convince them to stop, but they don't listen to her and they shove her onto the floor. 

At this point my heart is racing and I'm very scared, and my eyes look around for an exit out of this room. I find an exit, but it's all the way on the other side of the room, and all the white Latexes are between me and the exit. I take a deep breath, and run for it. I push past the male Latex and try to dodge all the others by jumping onto desks and sliding under them. A Latex pounces from in front of me, and out of quick reaction I duck and do an action movie style slide, and watch as it flys over and crashes into the group behind me. I quickly get back up and run towards the exit. But as I'm running towards it, I see that the panel is covered in Latex goo and it doesn't seem like it will work. I do notice however that the window on the door is pretty big, big enough for me to jump through. So I run faster and jump up, curling into a little ball and holding my hands in front of my head, as I smash through the glass and hit the wall on the other side.

I get up and feel the pain in my back from hitting the wall. I see that I also got some cuts on my face and hands from the glass. Some are just scratches and some are bleeding. I look up and see the white Latexs trying to climb through the door window, but the broken edges of glass on the door makes it difficult for them. I look down the hallway and see a door that looks like it can be locked. I immediately run for it, as fast as I can. I look back and see one of the Latexes were able to climb out and they begin to chase after me. These things run like actual wolves! It's almost terrifying! I make it to the door and open it as fast as I can, throwing myself onto the other side and slamming the door shut behind me. I flip the lock on the handle, and the Latex hits itself against the door, and tries to open it. Fortunately they can't open it, and after a bit it sounds like they give up and start to walk away. I collapse on the floor, tired, scared, and in pain. 

Where am I? Why are there no humans? Why are there these Latex Creatures, and why do they hate humans? What happened to everything?... I have so much questions, but I doubt I'll ever get answers at this point. I then look at the room I'm in, and see it's completely covered in black goo, so much so that it almost looks like it was painted this way. There's lots of black crystals too. I wanna touch them so bad, but I don't touch them and put my hand back to my side. I then hear someone speak to me in a low voice saying: "Hello human." I whip around in a defensive manner, and see a very big black Latex. He looks like a dragon and he has golden colored hair, as well as a white skull like mask over his face. "H-hi," I say in a fearful tone, "Are you gonna hurt me too?.. because I'm not gonna go down easy just so you know!" I say as I clutch my fists at him. He doesn't seem intimidated, and he laughs a little at my attempt to defend myself.

"Please human," he says to me, "I don't wish to hurt you like the others. I can see that you're scared and hurt." I look at him as he finishes speaking, trying to decide if I want to trust him or not. "Promise?.." I ask him. He looks at me with a softer look, and speaks in a more softer tone as well, saying: "I promise human. Please, come here." He says as he stretches his big paw out to me. I hesitate, but I then walk closer to him. He's pretty big. From my perspective I'd say he's about like, ten or twelve feet tall? It's a little scary for me as I walk closer to this giant Latex. He then reaches his hand over to me, and gives me soft strokes with his big fingers. It feels very comforting, and I start to relax a little in his touch. I snap out of it though and ask him: "ahem.. w-what's your name?" The big Latex looks at me, and responds saying: "You may call me The Elder One human. May I ask your name?" "I'm Colin, Elder One," I say to him, "I take it you're an old guy right? No offense." He smiles at me and says: "yes I am. Perhaps the oldest one here, and one of the more open minded ones heheh. I suppose you'd like to know what happened here correct?" I nod my head at him, and he leans back a little bit as I do. "Well, this may take a while to explain. Would you like to sit down?" He asks me. I nod again and sit on the floor in front of him. He begins to speak saying: "It all started around fifty years ago, when a virus, worse than anything the world had ever seen before, came out of nowhere and wiped out almost everything.