Chapter 12: Roller Derby

Scootaloo was eating eggs for breakfast, looking at the photobook that she and Solar Eclipse had put together the day previous. Scootaloo looks at her roller blades that she had put by the door and her wings flutter. Scootaloo was so excited for her derby for the day. Among the things that they bought, Solar Eclipse was kind enough to buy Scootaloo some roller blades. Scootaloo heard the other pony moving around in their room before hearing the bedroom door open.

"Good morning, Solar! Are you going to join me at my race today?" Scootaloo taps her hooves on the table a few times, getting even more excited as she sees Solar enter the kitchen.

"Yeah yeah, give me a moment." Solar Eclipse mutters, waving their hoof in Scootaloo's direction. Solar wasn't even wearing their regular glasses, just a pair of black circle glasses that they only wore in the house. Scootaloo could tell that they weren't quite awake yet.

"Oh, I made eggs if you want some! Scrambled, I hope you like them!" Scootaloo smiles, finishing the eggs on her plate before taking her plate to the sink.

"Yeah, I smell them." Solar yawns before resting their head on Scootaloo's back. They often did this when they were really tired. Scootaloo never minded this. She liked knowing she was just close enough to somepony for them to do this. She remembered when Sweetie Belle used to use her as a pillow on long train rides. Scootaloo started thinking of Sweetie Belle. Where was she now? Scootaloo shook her head when she smelled coffee. She never realized that Solar had walked away. Scootaloo walked into the living room and sat down, excitedly waiting for time to pass. She wasn't supposed to show up for a few more hours, so she had plenty of time to kill.

Solar Eclipse joins Scootaloo in the living room with a cup of coffee. They use their magic to set the cup down after taking a sip and leans on Scootaloo. Scootaloo rested her head on Solar Eclipse's head.

Time went by so slow, but Scootaloo talked to Solar Eclipse and enjoyed spending time with them until it was time to leave. The two ponies leave the apartment together, going to the large roller rink that Scootaloo was told to go to. They head inside and Scootaloo realizes just how many ponies apparently like roller derby. Scootaloo's wings were flapping quickly, getting more and more excited as she saw her team.

"Alright, I've got to go get my uniform on, go get a good spot." Scootaloo would smile wide at Solar Eclipse and trot off towards the locker room. Solar Eclipse just nods and trots to some bleachers, sitting down as close to the front as they could. They would smile wide as they watched and waited.