Chapter 11: Post Card

When the post office finally opened, Scootaloo went inside, immediately looking for a postcard to send to Rainbow Dash. She looked at each postcard and settled on one that looked absolutely gorgeous, capturing the view of Las Pegasus wonderfully. Scootaloo trotted up to the counter and set the postcard down.

"Hello, may I borrow a pen?" Scootaloo asked, lightly tapping her hooves on the counter.

The stallion behind the counter just nods and points to the cup of pens in front of Scootaloo. Scoots just takes a pen and begins writing. She wrote about where she was and why she left. She tried to be as detailed as possible without covering too much of the card. At the end she just wrote that she most likely wasn't going back to Ponyville any time soon. After that, Scootaloo addressed the postcard and slapped a sticker on it before paying for the delivery cost. After that, Scootaloo trotted back to her apartment.

Once at the apartment, Scootaloo walked inside slowly, feeling a bit tired after staying up for most of the night. In the kitchen she finds Solar Eclipse making breakfast. Scootaloo sneaks up behind Solar and lets out a shout, scaring the pony where they stood.

"Scoots! Don't do that, you almost scared me to death!" Solar Eclipse put a hoof over their heart and exaggerated falling down before laughing and standing back up. "How was your walk? I hope you didn't catch a cold."

"The walk was fine. I would have come home sooner but then I realized I forgot to let Rainbow Dash know I was even gone." Scootaloo sighs, going to her room to take off her hoodie.

"So you went to the post office? If I would have known you were going there, I'd have asked you to send a letter for me." Solar Eclipse would set a couple of plates down on the table before sitting down and waiting for Scootaloo. "Breakfast is ready."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I could go back-" Scootaloo started before Solar Eclipse raised their hoof to stop Scootaloo..

"No, no, don't worry about it, Scoots. It's really no hurry. It's just to keep my mother from flipping out." Solar Eclipse laughs a bit, putting food on both of the plates. Scootaloo comes back to the table and sits down across from Solar Eclipse. "So, what's the plan today?"

"I was thinking we could go out and explore the city a bit. I mean, we haven't been here long so we have no clue what's around this area." Scootaloo took a bite of the pancakes that sat before her.

"Oh, that sounds fun. Maybe we can loop back around the post office." Solar Eclipse said with a joking tone. The two ponies would eat and talk, but after breakfast, instead of tidying up, they just left together. Solar Eclipse made sure to take their saddle bag with them just in case they stopped to shop anywhere.

The ponies trotted around town, enjoying the sights and restaurants in the area. They had plenty of fun, and of course stopped at the post office again. After leaving, the two ponies would go around some parts of the city, stopping by some casinos just to look around. They didn't gamble since they didn't have the bits to do so, but they made a list of places they'd return to. As the day went on, the two ponies just enjoyed each other's company, taking photos with Solar Eclipse's camera, and even buying a photo book to keep everything. At the end of the day, the two ponies made it back to the apartment, exhausted from a whole day of fun. They just went to their rooms after setting the saddlebag on the table.

"Goodnight, Scootaloo, I had a lot of fun. I hope we can do that again." Solar Eclipse laughed as they hugged Scootaloo before going into their room.

"We definitely are going to eventually. Hopefully next time I'll be able to pay for things too." Scootaloo laughs a bit, feeling bad that Solar Eclipse paid for everything.

"Oh, it doesn't bother me at all Scoots, don't fret, okay?" Solar Eclipse gave a little wave before closing their door. "Goodnight Scoots!" Solar called from the other side.

"Goodnight, Solar!" Scootaloo responded, closing her own door and looking at her calendar. She had her first race in a couple of days. Scootaloo climbed into her bed, super excited as she laid down. She looked at her photo of herself and Rainbow Dash. "Goodnight, Dash." She mutters before drifting off to sleep.