Chapter 6: Catching Up

At the end of the harvesting season, it was the beginning of fall. As promised, Rainbow Dash had given Apple Bloom enough bits to travel around Equestria for as long as she needed to. Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash were at the train station, waving Apple Bloom off as she took her first train to Filly Delphia. She waved farewell to the mares, promising to send them a postcard when she arrived at Filly Delphia. During the train ride, Apple Bloom heard a familiar voice.

"Apple Bloom, is that you? It's been a long while! How have you been?" Sweetie Belle asked as she sat next to the yellow mare.

"I've been keepin' busy. We just got done with the harvestin' so I'm travelin' for a little bit to get a breath of fresh air, yknow?" Apple Bloom answered, almost rambling on. It had been so long since she'd seen Sweetie Belle that she couldn't believe it. "Wait, why are you here? Were you visitin' Ponyville without comin' to see me?"

"Oh no, it's nothing like that, I was just coming back to see Rarity before going to my big show in Filly Delphia. I'm on tour right now. I just prefer public transportation. It reminds me of when we were fillies." Sweetie Belle explained. "If I would have known you wanted to see me, I would have come to see you too."

"It's not like I'd really have time to visit if you did come see me." Apple Bloom shrugged. "Say, did you happen to see Scootaloo? I haven't heard a thing from her since she came to visit Rainbow Dash a few months ago."

Sweetie Belle shook her head before resting her elbow on the window ledge. "As I said, I haven't really seen or spoken to anypony other than my sister. I'm just too exhausted to go around visiting everypony in Ponyville."

"I still find it hard to believe that you made it big in Canterlot. That's where all of the rich ponies are, ain't it?" Apple Bloom giggled to herself.

"It wasn't that hard, I just had to find all of the right ponies to be around, and I did that pretty quickly. You didn't happen to bring something to eat, did you? I'm starving." Sweetie Belle leaned her head back just a bit before Apple Bloom nodded and took a little snack bag out of her saddle bag.

"Here, Rainbow Dash packed this for me. Told me I might need it if I get hungry. She says train food ain't no good." Apple Bloom gave the small bag to Sweetie Belle, who opened the bag and immediately started eating.

"Rainbow Dash is smart to do that. The amount they charge for the concessions is astonishing. I wonder why they price them so high." Sweetie Belle shook her head, watching as the concession pony went by, giving Sweetie Belle a dirty look after seeing the snack bag.

"Just something they always do. If we end up in the same part of Philly Delphia, do you mind if I come watch your concert?" Apple Bloom smiled at her dear old friend, hoping Sweetie Belle said yes. She wondered how good Sweetie Belle had gotten at singing. She had to be amazing if she was on tour.

"Sure! If you can manage to get a ticket. My shows sell out pretty fast. It's mostly creepy old stallions though." Sweetie Belle would wave a hoof around as she spoke, continuing to eat the snacks until they were gone.

"Alright, just let me know when and where, and I'll be there." Apple Bloom smiled at Sweetie Belle.

The rest of the train ride went well, with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle talking and reminiscing with each other about the days of old. They both promised to get drinks together some time while they were still in Filly Delphia. When they got to their destination, they hugged each other and parted ways for the time being.