How to Scare Away the Competition (Part 2)

The journey towards a desired goal is never easy; it is widely acknowledged that the higher the aim, the greater the effort and sacrifice required to achieve it. Kushina and Mikoto deeply understand this truth, as much as mothers who have not fled in fear of infamous demons. As wise mothers, they have not been intimidated by the formidable challenges posed by rivals like Tsume and Yoshino, who have constantly challenged and worried Mikoto and Kushina. However, both are united in their determination to protect and support Sakura, willing to do whatever it takes to obtain her.

Since that fateful farewell party between Naruto and Sasuke, circumstances have evolved relatively favorably for them. They were present in emotional moments, such as when Sakura tearfully bid farewell to Gaara, Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. Kushina watched with pride as her son enthusiastically embraced Sakura, while Mikoto persuaded Sasuke - or rather, forced him - to do the same.

Despite having devised meticulous plans to keep Sakura close, they did not anticipate that her dedication to training with Tsunade would keep her occupied for extended periods. This situation poses a dilemma for them: while they have successfully kept certain unwanted individuals away from Sakura, they also face obstacles in executing their plans.

Over time, as Sakura matured, Kushina and Mikoto agreed on the importance of capturing every moment of her life, whether she was studying, working, engaging in missions, hanging out with friends, or simply performing everyday activities like eating, brushing her teeth, or sleeping.

They had numerous photographs documenting Sakura's transformation into an exceptionally beautiful woman. Since their first encounter with her, Kushina and Mikoto recognized both the potential and allure of their adopted daughter. On more than one occasion, they had to intervene when unknown individuals attempted to strike up conversations or flirt with Sakura. Several times, these intrusions resulted in mysterious disappearances or unexpected coincidences that thwarted planned encounters.

The situation significantly improved when Kakashi returned from his training with Sasuke and began training Sakura, providing additional support in their efforts to ward off unwanted suitors.

Soon their sons would return, and one of them might successfully win Sakura's heart.

To their horror, a new challenge arose when Sai joined Team 7. For a moment, Kushina and Mikoto contemplated the idea of him mysteriously meeting his demise, either for flirting with Sakura or the almost attempt to call her ugly. However, upon discovering his romantic interest in Sakura's best friend, they decided to grant him forgiveness.

As time progressed, thanks to their efforts, the list of potential suitors for Sakura had significantly dwindled, having already dismissed several candidates. The two women were ready to resume their usual routine of following Sakura to capture new photos when they encountered Tsume, who observed them with a serious expression and crossed arms. Faced with her posture, Kushina and Mikoto instantly prepared for a possible confrontation, ready to unsheathe their kunais and engage in a bloody fight.

"You win," declared Tsume, her serious expression causing Mikoto and Kushina to furrow their brows. Both almost let out a laugh, convinced it was a ridiculous trap.

"I mean it," Tsume responded, as if she could read their doubts. "Unfortunately, I must admit that I have decided to stop considering Sakura as a potential daughter-in-law. My son is dating another girl from the village."

The seriousness in Tsume's eyes left Mikoto and Kushina bewildered, vainly expecting some joke. "My son is interested in another girl," Tsume reiterated, making it clear that she was not joking.

Both women lit up with joy and rushed to hug Tsume. One of their most tenacious contenders had unexpectedly fallen, thanks to her son.

"If you seek advice on how to help your son in his love life, I'm here to assist you. You can always visit me to chat and share experiences; after all, I didn't get Fugaku by chance," Mikoto joked, winking at Tsume.