Nyad: Perhaps you will find it again. Most things turn up eventually. They either sink to the bottom, or float to the surface.

Dragon: The bottom?

Nyad: Come see.

Dragon: Wait. Wait for me!

Nyad: See? Is this what you're looking for?

Dragon: I ... don't think so.

Nyad: Then perhaps you should look above. On the surface.

Dragon: Thank you. I think I will.

Nyad: Good luck.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(The dragon swims to the surface and finds the floating lanterns from the candlelight vigil.)

Dragon: Oh.

(She turns to read the words on the lantern.)

Dragon: "Dear Nya. Thank you for saving my mommy. We miss you."

(She turns to read another.)

Dragon: "Dear Nya. Thank you for teaching me that ninja never quit."

(She leans close to read yet another.)

Dragon: "Dear Nya. We miss you. Jay must be very sad without you. Come home." (She gasps.) Jay. Kai!

(She regains her memories through a flashback.)

Past Maya: Sometimes, there are no good choices, Nya. And that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Past Jay: You're the master of Water. There's no one more connected to the sea than you!

Nya: I ... am Nya! (She regains her humanoid water form. Rising above the surface, she sees all the lanterns floating towards the lighthouse.) Jay!

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(She lands on the shore and enters the lighthouse.)

Nya: Jay? Jay? It's me! Nya! (She sees Jay's bearded self portrait.) How long have I been gone? (She suddenly loses her humanoid form.) Ugh! Hello? Is anyone here? Anyone? (She struggles to hold her humanoid form without much success.) Oh come on, Nya. You can do it. You can do it! (She makes it to the window and sees the ocean.) I must ... get ... back. (She leaps back into the ocean.)

(Hearing the sound of a whale, she finds Nyad swimming alongside them.)

Nya: There you are. I was looking everywhere for you.

Nyad: Oh. Hi. Did you find yourself?

Nya: Yes, I did! I remember everything. And I remember you! You are Nyad!

Nyad: Am I? I don't remember that.

Nya: You fought Wojira, thousands of years ago!

Nyad: Oh! That's nice. Have you met my friends, the whales? Oh, I love their song. Listen!

Nya: It's pretty, but not now. Please, I need your help. I need to know how to break free from the ocean. To go home.

Nyad: You can't. This is your home now.

Nya: No! There has to be a way!

Nyad: You merged with the sea. That cannot be undone. It is connected to you. To your very essence. To your elemental powers.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(Disappointed, Nya sinks to the bottom of the sea.)

Nyad: Why are you sad? You have everything. You are eternal, and endless. You are an ocean full of wonder and life. Your former body is a small and frail thing. Why would you want to go back to it?

Nya: Because, Jay and Kai. And Master Wu. And all my friends are there. I can never be happy here. And I'm terrified that if I stay here any longer, I'll begin to forget again. Forget who I am. Who I was.

Nyad: I am sorry, Nya. But the sea is connected to your Elemental Powers. And there is no way to give those up.

Nya: My powers.

Nyad: Yes. They are connected to the essence of your being.

Nya: If I could give up my power somehow ... then, I could sever myself from the sea?

Nyad: Perhaps. I don't know. But there is no way to change what you are. You are your powers. Without them, what would you be?

Nya: That was my greatest fear. Losing my powers, becoming ordinary ... but it's not anymore.

Nyad: Isn't it? What is, then?

Nya: Losing my friends. And if being with them again means I have to give up my powers, then I'll find a way to do that.

(Here's the original song, I feel like it suits Nya really well)

Nyad: I know a girl from an island
She stands apart from the crowd
She loves the sea and her people
She makes her whole family proud
Sometimes the world seems against you
The journey may leave a scar
But scars can heal and reveal just
Where you are
The people you love will change you
The things you have learned will guide you
And nothing on earth can silence
The quiet voice still inside you
And when that voice starts to whisper
"Nya, you've come so far"
Nya listen, do you know who you are?

Nya: Who am I?
I am a girl who loves my family
And the girl who once became a Samurai, it calls me
I am the daughter of the master of water.
We are descended from formers.
Who found their way across the world
They call me
I've delivered us to where we are
I have journeyed farther
I am everything I've learned and more
Still it calls me
And the call isn't out there at all
It's inside me
It's like the tide; Always falling and rising
I will carry you here in my heart
You'll remind me
That come what may
I know the way
I am Nya!
(She gives Nyad a hug.)

Nyad: Oh my.

Nya: Thank you. Thank you for everything! I have to go now.

Nyad: Go where?

Nya: Home. (She takes off with a blast.)

Nyad: Good luck, Nya.

Differences from the original:
•Nyad and Nya sings together.

The second chapter is done but in stay tuned for the next chapter to see what happens next.

If there's any mistakes please tell me and I'll fix them.