I turned towards Bhai and Priya and said to her, "I am going to the office, if you want anything give me a call, babe. If you wanna come by text me, and I will send the car. Eat whatever you want and don't let my over protective brother boss you around." I kissed her cheek and saw Bhai glaring at me.

"Won't you eat breakfast?" He asked me.

"Nope." I replied.

I gave him a side eye and turned to go out when I heard my father's voice, "You will have a meeting with Mr. Rajvansh today about a business deal. Don't be late. Don't be a disappointment."

I didn't even bother to nod. I just walked out of that suffocating mansion.

I got inside the car and said "To the office."

FLASHBACK: AGE 6

"Mumma, Look what I made." I ran to my mom with utter enthusiasm and showed her the painting I made in art class.

She was, like always, busy with her phone calls. But, I waited. I always did. She muted the call.

"Go away, Ishita. I am busy."

"But mumma. I made this painting. This is you, dad, bh-"

"I don't care. I have an urgent call to take and I don't have time for your nonsense." I was on the verge of crying. But I didn't lose hope

"Will you see it-"

She didn't even let me complete. She took the painting and tore it and told me to go away.

I was crying while walking to my bedroom. That's when my brother popped up. For the first time. He called me down. Took me to my room. Fed me and slept  with me.

That was the first time my Bhai held my hand and he never left it. He was always there.

That was the first time my mother hurted me and it definitely wasn't the last.

FLASHBACK: AGE 10

Bhai was in 9th class, while I was in 6th. I just got selected as the middle school head girl and also got my report card which was full of A's. Except for physical education. I was proud of myself. I hope they are too.

I knocked my parents room and I heard, "come in". I entered the room.

I saw mom, dad, and Bhai. He was being appreciated for being the topper, again. They were promising Bhai that they will take him to the carnival.

Wow. A carnival. I wanted to go as well.

"Papa. Will you take me to the carnival as well?" I asked him.

"What do you have in your hands?" He ignored my question. Just like he ignored everything I say. He only talks to me when needed. It hurts, cause he is so nice with Bhai.

"This is my report card and I also got selec-"

"Shush! Hand it over." I have it to him, smiling happily, expecting him to appreciate me.

"Why did you get a B in Physical education?" He asked me in a dangerous tone.

"Umm... I didn't know how to swim, dad. The test was swimming."

"What the hell were you doing when they were teaching? Soh Rahi thi? (Sleeping?)" I looked at Bhai for help. But, he was helpless.

"D-Dad, w-woh, I-I didn't... I-I mean..." He was looking at me, while I was scared.

"My children should be perfect in everything. They shouldn't be weak. Like you."

"But, I did well in everything. You never appreciate me. It's always Bhai is this, Bhai is that. It's like I don't even exist." I was crying by the time I finished and my dad was in rage.

"How dare you raise your voice at me?!" With that he dragged me to our swimming pool. I was resisting and crying. Bhai was shouting and begging to let me go. My mother stood there holding Bhai from running towards me.

He threw me into the swimming pool just as I was begging him.

I couldn't process it. My own father threw me into water leaving me there to drown. I couldn't breathe. I was trying to float up but nothing seemed to work. My hands and legs weren't moving at all.

I felt like I was sinking, sinking into the water, into my deepest fears, my insecurities, everything.

It was all wieghing me down. But I couldn't give up. I shouldn't. Never.

PRESENT:

No one can believe that my parents did that to me. Except for my brother, who was right there and Abhimanyu, who was there.

I don't get why he wants to suddenly jump into a business deal with us. But, I have no choice. It wasn't my company. It was our family's company.

I had an entrepreneur company which was about event planning. I shine at it. But, my father's company was about imports and exports. It was also an enterprise.

My brother managed the state affairs and half of the company affairs while I did the other half and also managed my own company.

I reached Malhan group of companies, owned by the Royal family of Malwa, us.

My assistant, Ananya, greeted me and proceeded to read my schedule.

"Ma'am first you have to go through a few files for the new contracts with our trade companies. Then at 12:30 you have a meeting with Mr. Rajvansh. After that you have a meeting with Mr. Singhania about the 30 crore wedding project at 4:30. Then you have to check out the decorations for the 3 upcoming weddings and 2 launching ceremonies. That's it."

I spent my morning going through files and talking to our lawyer about the contracts. At 12:30 I forcefully went to meet him in our conference room.

He was waiting for me. So punctual of him.

"Good Afternoon, Ms. Ishita. It's wrong to keep your guests waiting." He said in his addictive voice.

"You aren't my guest, you're my dad's. Will we get this over with or do you think I have time for chit-chat?" I replied.

"I am actually having fun seeing you so worked up." He was sweet yesterday evening. This man is bipolar.

"I am happy you are having fun, Mr. Rajvansh but one more word and you won't be there to do that." I am pretty sure all of his bodyguard's including his p.a and mine were giving me shocked, scared, confused, and WTF stares because it was ABHIMANYU SINGH RAJVANSH I was blackmailing. And he was smiling at me with every word that left my mouth.

"I would love to die if your presence is the last thing I feel, Tesoro."

_____________________

Hey guys! How was the chapter? hope you liked it.

I see myself in Ishita. Ishita is what I am, and what I want to be. So, do you like her character?

Feel free to post suggestions.