Chapter 2

ABHIMANYU'S POV:

Pain. Emptiness. Yearning. That's all I saw in her eyes the moment my gaze stopped near the beautiful lady who, unfortunately, happens to be my best friend's sister. The last time I saw her was 10 years ago. She was literal sunshine. Always smiling, so that no one will notice her pain. I wouldn't have too, if I hadn't been so observant or studied psychology for a major. She was that good at it. As a king, it was my job to notice and understand everything even when I see nothing.

And, yes. That's all I see in her. Nothing. Her desire to be loved, turned into hate. Her effort to be noticed, turned into a habit. Her extraordinary achievements, turned into something unimportant.

But out of all this, there was something that ached in realisation. Her smile, turned into insecurities.

Maybe flirting wasn't the best resort to start a conversation with a gorgeous woman who doesn't know she's beautiful. But, I wanted to see her smile. Smile for me. At my cheesy lines. Who knew, The King Of Rajasthan, would be a sucker for a girl's smile?

"For someone who claims to be perfect in everything, flirting isn't exactly your strong suit." She gave me one of her killer smirks. I saw her 10 minutes ago and she's driving me crazy already. When did she grow up so much?

"Perhaps, you can teach me how it's done." What am I even saying? I am not a teenage guy flirting with his crush.

"I don't waste my time on hopeless creatures." Why are her insults music to my ears? Maybe because she's talking to me at the least, instead of having me point blank at the end of her gun.

She turned on her heels to leave but I grabbed her by her wrist. She stumbled and fell on my chest.

That's it. She's mine.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" She pushed me away and got away from my hold, and suddenly I felt empty. Like a part of me was missing. I have suspicions that this was because of a certain brown haired girl, with hazel eyes standing in front me with fiery in her eyes. "DO YOU WANT US TO BECOME THE NEXT GOSSIP OF THE TOWN?"

"Well, they won't be lying if they write that we make a beautiful couple or look in-love or we're dating." Did I really just say that I will be dating my best friend's sister who I met 10 years ago, got attracted to 10 mins ago, and almost proposed 10 seconds ago? What the fuck is she doing to me?

"Abhimanyu Singh Rajput, even if you are the last man in this universe, I will not even look at you. Now leave me." She's something. Ordering the most powerful man in the World.

"Jaan, if you will spare a glance at me, I am ready to wipe out the trace of humans in this world. So, leaving you is out of the question." I can see her losing her shit. And I like it. New hobby: Irritating my best friend's sister.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" She whisper-yelled. I can see how everyone's eyes are lingering on me and a certain feisty woman in my arms. Just then, slow music started playing. It was time for the annual dance.

"A dance. Please." If my family heard ME uttering this word 'PLEASE' they would've been brain-dead by now.

"One dance. Just to get your sticky ass off my back." Yes!! OMG!! I can't believe I am fangirling over a stupid dance but if it's her, I could fall from grace just to touch her face.

We sachè our way to the dance floor and the lights dim but I had the light right in my arms. I feel like I fell into one of those cliche love-at-first-sight novels. I used to hate her when we were children, what happened now?

"I swear to god, if you step on my foot-"

"I wouldn't dare to after seeing what you were capable of on the balcony." I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Ishita, who cried when she saw a street dog dead on the road holding people point blank.

And we started dancing like it was what we were meant to do.

"You look beautiful, Tesoro."

"Don't call me that."

"Why?"

"Because I don't like it."

"Why?"

"I thought you asked me for a dance but this is more of an interview."

"I just wanna get to know you more."

"Why the sudden interest?"

"Because you caught my eye."

"Of course."

"Of course?"

"I wondered why you were so interested in me. Everyone's interested in me for only 3 reasons."

"What are they?"

"My family, my money, or my looks."

"What do you think I am interested in?"

"My looks."

"Why?"

"Because you already have money and a rich family. All you lack is a pretty trophy wife."

"Do you think of yourself as a trophy wife?"

"No. That's the last thing I wanna be."

"Then, that's the last thing you are to me. You are way more than my desired type."

"Then, what am I?"

"The most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on."

"And you say, you don't like me for my looks?"

"I didn't say pretty, Tesoro. I said Beautiful. Pretty is just skin. Beauty is your heart, mind and soul. That's what you are to me. My heart, mind and soul."

"Aren't you giving too many compliments to a girl you just met?"

"That's what I am not able to understand. I never found myself in a desperate position where a girl can bring me down to my knees but you, love, you. I don't get what you did to me. You consumed in a moment and now I am not able to wipe off your trace from my flesh and bones."

"It's just a mere attraction. It will fade away. Don't worry."

"But it aches, love. It aches when you aren't looking at me. It aches when you are an inch away from me. What am I supposed to do? I feel like I am in those love at first sight novels. And I don't wanna come out."

"You shouldn't like me, Abhimanyu. I am broken. I will only hurt you."

"With you, every scar is beautiful, My Treasure."

__________________________

HEY GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER. I TRIED MY BEST TO NOT MAKE ANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS BUT PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF THERE ARE, AS THIS IS MY FIRST STORY.

IF YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER, PLEASE VOTE, AND COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS MATTER A LOT. I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU GIVE.

VOTE TARGET: 6

COMMENT TARGET: 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH!