Ch. 9

Day 6:

I'm slashing demons left and right. Fighting off flying beasts and crawlers. Flesh is dripping from some of the demon's faces and others have pitch black eyes and skin that blends them into the shadows. Some have giant claws that could gut you and teeth that can slice through flesh. Using my fathers swords I swipe at a demon that runs up on me causing his head to roll across the ground as his body drops at my feet. Another runs towards my left so I turn to stab the blade into its stomach as it slides forward causing the blade to cut deeper. Extracting the sword from its chest cavity it falls to the ground. A flying demon that resembles a pterodactyl dragon type thing swoops down at me. I slash at its feet as it tries to grasp me with its claws. It screeches as it swoops back up.

" Shoot it with your bow." Dean shouts at me as I look over my shoulder to indeed see my bow and arrows strapped to my scabbard. Grabbing those I aim at the beast hitting it in the neck. It loses its balance in the air almost plummeting to the ground but catches itself at the last minute and swoops back up. It comes at me again as I draw another arrow. I take aim trying to get a good shot.

" Shoot it! Shoot it now!" Dean shouts at me. Letting go of the arrow....

I felt a nudge to my side that stirs me from my dream. I rolled over wishing that whatever was bothering me would go away. I want to go back to sleep. I was having a great dream of Dean Winchester and I fighting off demons. We were kicking some demon butt. Dozing off again I'm back at the part I left off at. I'm aiming and about to let go when Sam comes in.

" Move over I got this." He said as I felt him nudge me.

" Go away Sam, this is my demon to kill." I mumbled to Sam who was trying to push me out of the way of the giant flying demon that I was about to kill.
Then I felt a wet nose touch my face that made me shoot up from my comfy bed. I look around and notice I'm in a cave and not laying on my bed in my room. I'm laying on the ground. I look up to see a giant deer looking down at me. That is when I remembered everything, to the mystical sounds, the portal, my days in the enchanted forest, and meeting Thyr.

" Sorry I was having a dream." I said rubbing my sleep filled eyes.

" You were killing Demons?" He asked, looking at me oddly.

" One of my favorite shows that I watched back home is about these two brothers who fight and kill demons in search of answers to what or who killed their mother. In my dream I was fighting the demons with them and one of the brothers was trying to steal my kill." I explained.

" Well that's an interesting dream. Normally having demons in a dream state would make it a nightmare." He laughs which surprises me. He actually laughed. I didn't see him as the laughing type so I'm amazed to actually see and hear it coming from him.

" But I was waking you to tell you that the rain stopped. It lasted all night. We have about a 2- 3 hour journey ahead of us before we get to the village." He continues to say. I look over to see that the fire is pretty much out. Mostly just hot coals left in the pit so I don't have to put it out. I gather my stuff up and we head on our way.

The walk was a peaceful type of quiet. Unlike yesterday where the forest was dead quiet before the storm, today the forest is buzzing and alive as animals run around. The wind is out to play as it lightly twirls leaves around the forest floor . Birds are chirping and red squirrels are jumping along the trees playing a game of chase with each other. It was serene watching the lively forest. It makes me wish that the forest was like this again back home. After my father died the forest hasn't been the same. It just seems dead now. There's no life to it anymore. No animals playing or even thriving vegetation. The forest just seems dead. Here there's happiness in the forest. A feeling of warmth and homeliness to it. A place that seems so untouched by man that it's surprising that people do live out here. I feel kinda jealous that these people do live out here in this type of nature. It's a place that I would dream to be in. A place so in touch with the plants and animals. A place you can truly live off the land without all the technology. I have to live in a tiny box in the city. Surrounded by pollution and a dying forest. It makes me think why I didn't follow the melody sooner. Why did I stay? Why would I ignore the callings just to torture myself with my unsatisfying life? I could've had this all sooner. This beautiful forest with no one around. But it makes me think why did my father leave? He loved the forest, the plants, and the animals. He was so in touch with nature. So why would he leave this to be in the city? To work in the military, to go through the struggles of life for my mother and I when he could have the simple life here. A beautiful life here in this amazing forest that's so peaceful. I wouldn't want to leave this place so why did he?

" Why did my father leave this place? This place is so beautiful and peaceful I don't understand why he would leave." I asked.

" He was after something and didn't return when it came time for his arrival. He's been missing for a long long time." Thyr said.

" That's very vague."I said, needing more information.

" You can ask your questions when we arrive at the village. They will be able to give you the answers that you seek." He says as we continue walking along a narrow trail. I wished he'd just answer my questions straight. I don't want to wait for my answers. What if the people don't give me them either? I don't want to be oblivious to everything. I want the knowledge that these answers will give. I want to thrive in my new environment, not be stuck in a bubble of unsureness. If I get these answers I will feel closer to my father who once lived here. In a place that's filled with magic and nature. A forest that feels so free. A haven that's helping me find my old self that I thought was lost long ago.

We've been walking for almost 2 and a half hours now. Normally I would take a slight break but I'm feeling energized. Maybe it's because we are getting close to the village and my nerves are wild in anticipation. But nevertheless I'm ready to get this walk over with. We stumble out of the edge of the forest and I see a lake. Almost like the last one but it's smaller. Close to a pond but not quite.

" There's a low bridge up ahead. We will cross it and on the other side through the trees is the village." Thyr says looking at me.

" Okay." I said seeing the bridge now that's just ahead of us. It's not a very big bridge. Just a small wooden one that fits maybe one or two people. It looks very old. Like it's been there for 100 years.

" Are you sure this will hold us?" I asked him, looking at the bridge in front of me wearily.

" It's been holding people for hundreds of years. I doubt it will break now." He says stepping onto the bridge. I follow behind him taking slow steps. My heart is pounding as I hear the creaks and grounds the boards are making under my feet.

" This bridge is going to break." I said freezing in my spot.

" The bridge will not break." He says walking ahead of me to prove that it's perfectly safe. Feeling better by this, I continue to walk. Walking slowly I made it about halfway across the bridge. Thyr is almost to the end. I took another step as I felt something grab my foot. I look down to see a hand. Following the hand I look to my right to see...

" Dad?" I asked in disbelief and shock.

" Help me." He says as he falls back into the water. Sinking below the surface before nothing can be seen of him.

" Dad!" I shout in panic. Pulling my scabbard off and satchel laying it on the bridge.

As I dive into the water all I hear is Thyr's voice saying " Don't" and a warning call blares into the air.
_______________________________