XXVIIII

6 months later...

"goodmorning beautiful" charles spoke, softly.

"happy six months my love" i cooed.

today me and charles were celebrating our 6 months, its bee the craziest and best six months of my life. we hadn't yet announced our relationship to the public. with me wanting to keep my life lowkey as of now, we thought it was best of we acted as best friends in the public eye but together when we were inside the home. we hadn't really managed to go out on any proper romantic dates as of yet because of this. charles hated it as he's a romantic and wanted to take me absolutely everywhere but he also did respect my wishes.

max was currently back in the uk at the factory meaning me and charles had the house to ourself until the day before the next race, we were one race away from the last race of the season, which meant one thing. we were at vegas again, fucking vegas. i would be lying if i said i was looking forward to it, i am not one bit. selfishly i am missing lando a tonne right now, i shouldn't be feeling this way being with charles but its not exactly like he is here much. he's always out doing something. max ha even spotted him out with girls a few times but we didnt think anything of it, i still dont. i refuse to believe charles would actually do anything like that.

with lando things were different, i felt like in a way i could be more myself, he did a tonne more for me, sure he hurt me a lot but he was always picking up the pieces when someone else hurt me. i pushed this thoughts away and began to focus on my day out with charles.

"Where do you fancy going my love?" Charles asked me.

"Shopping?" I darted back jokingly."

"Don't need to ask me twice, let's get going!" He yelled down the hallway. I sprinted towards the door and out towards Charles door.

First we headed to get some breakfast as we were both starving. We went to a pastry shop and let me tell you. They genuinely have the best pastries. I've ever tried in my life. expensive yes, but delicious. id been here a few times and they never failed to disappoint. i also ordered myself a hot chocolate, it was getting pretty cold here in monaco. 

summer was amazing, i spent almost every week in a different country, i spent a lot of time on holiday with max as charles had to stay back for business work. i understood being a formula one driver meant having a tonne of commitments but i did find it weird how he was gone but his team mate carlos wasn't. i just let it slide though because i cannot imagine charles being a bad boyfriend. 

next we headed to dior and chanel, charles was adamant that he would be buying me everything and not a penny would leave my account. as much as i protested against this because i felt really bad, he ended up winning and buying everything i laid my eyes on. 

we headed to prada next, if im honest its one of my favourite designer shops apart from maybe balyenciaga. they just do amazing items. i have noticed that since being in monaco i shop way more designer than i did in america, but that's because everyone else here does as there isn't many low end brands here. kinda sucks because i dont actually like all the high end clothes, i only mainly like their bags and accessories. 

i picked out a few bags from prada including a new shiny black shoulder bag before heading to the front desk to pay. charles once again forced me to let him pay. it was strange him wanting to pay for everything but i didnt think much of it.

after a long day of shopping we headed back to the house to order ourselves a takeaway and binge watch tv. we argued for a solid 20 minutes on which takeaway we should get but we settled on pizza, i guess it was a cheat day for charles. we scrolled endlessly through netlike trying to find something to watch before deciding on Charlie and the chocolate factory, im not sure why picked it but its just one of those feel good easy watching movies. 

whilst watching the movie all i could think about was lando, all i could think about was my memories with him, the days we spent together, all of our laughs. id seen him around the paddock quite a lot recently, he's currently leading the world championship still but charles is only a few points behind.   

landos pov

i miss her, every single day i think about her, i spend every day waiting for her to come back but i honestly dont believe she will. ive heard rumours about her and charles but max also told me charles had apparently been seeing other girls. i honestly dont even believe charles is good for her, i know i wasn't either but he's doing exactly the same thing if the rumours are true. 

every single day now i wake up with this aching feeling in my chest with her not there, i haven't even managed to throw out her things she left here. everyone likes to say im seeing other girls but to tell you the truth i haven't, i havent even tried because i dont want to, i miss her. 

im about to possibly win the championship and she isn't here with me, she should have been here to see it all. i dont even feel like i deserve any of this because of what i did to her but i have to do it for the team. i dont think people can honestly tell how much i am hurting because i cover it up by racing good. but ive never felt a pain like this before. i need her. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was snapped out of my daydream by charles asking me if i was okay. 

"im fine my love, sorry just a lot on my mind right now, i apologise" i spat out.

"maybe we should get some sleep? come on mi amour" he cooed.

"i love you nessa" he added

i smiled, "i love you too charles" planting a kiss firmly on his lips. 

i closed my eyes and once again my mind went straight to lando, he was all i could think about and i had absolutely no idea why. i always take things like this as a sign, im a very spiritual person but this i couldn't understand, i couldn't even find a reasoning. was i on his mind? was something going to happen between me and him? did he have somebody else? as much as i needed an answer i almost hoped that i would never get one.